Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Here I go!!!! Just a few questions .......

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Default Here I go!!!! Just a few questions .......

So I went grocery shopping yesterday and I have all my ingredients .....

Ground beef
    Frozen mixed veggies
    Fresh spinach
    Frozen blueberries
    Brown rice
    Hard boiled eggs

I'm going to do 50% beef, 25% rice and 25% veggies & fruit. Then add a hard boiled egg maybe two or three times a week.

I have a question for those of you who have done this .......

I intend to do 50% home cooked and keep the other half Fromm Beef Frittata. But how much of the home cooked food do I do. For example, the two schnauzers have half a cup of kibble at each meal, so do I do a quarter kibble and a quarter home-cooked?? Or go slightly more than a quarter cup of the home cooked because of the volume. The kibble is dried and quite compact so it doesn't seem right to just go by cup ............. hope I"m making sense here!!!

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Here I go!!!! Just a few questions .......

yes you make sense. I always went 1/2 kibble and 1/2 cooked. I'm excited for you!!! wait until you get all that extra attention and the sounds of approval
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Sherry View Post
    yes you make sense. I always went 1/2 kibble and 1/2 cooked. I'm excited for you!!! wait until you get all that extra attention and the sounds of approval
    So, for example, did you replace a cup of kibble with a cup of homecooked?

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Whenever I add kibble to the home cooked (b/c i don't have enuf of home cooked prepared), i also would do 1/2 and 1/2 (they get about a cup of food at each meal). So Karen, your estimation of 1/4 cup kibble + 1/4 cup home cooking sounds good.

Hope it works for your pooches. I love doing the home cooking for T and F and they love it too.

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

I have one question, your mixed veggies, do they contain corn? we don't want any corn

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Sherry View Post
    I have one question, your mixed veggies, do they contain corn? we don't want any corn
    I got what they call the california mix .. it's the carrots, cauliflower and broccoli ... I use them as treats so I know they all like them and there are no side effects. The spinach I got fresh so I'm just going to chop that finely, and add it when I've cooked it all up together. Same with the blueberries .. add them at the last minute too.

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cali baker View Post
    Whenever I add kibble to the home cooked (b/c i don't have enuf of home cooked prepared), i also would do 1/2 and 1/2 (they get about a cup of food at each meal). So Karen, your estimation of 1/4 cup kibble + 1/4 cup home cooking sounds good.

Hope it works for your pooches. I love doing the home cooking for T and F and they love it too.

Just like Henny said, half kibble /half home made, you're going to be a hit!!!

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by kazzy220 View Post
    I got what they call the california mix .. it's the carrots, cauliflower and broccoli ... I use them as treats so I know they all like them and there are no side effects. The spinach I got fresh so I'm just going to chop that finely, and add it when I've cooked it all up together. Same with the blueberries .. add them at the last minute too.

OH YEAH sounds delish

Lucy-licious

Everybody already said equal quantities you won't regret the change hunny. Both Billy and Lucy love their home cooked toppers x
    Our mix is a 1/3 of each meat/rice or pasta/veg though but thats just how the neutricionist told us to do it for Billy cos he was soo young and on full home cooked x

oh and when you give them egg try giving them a whole boiled one occasionally rather than scrambled. It's messy but these two love chasing it around Sardines are also great as a little super once or twice a week too. X

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

You can add beans too, they're cheap and good for you. Makes it so yummy too. Yes I replace the same amount with home cooked. I drain most of the fat, but leave a little bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy-licious View Post
    Everybody already said equal quantities you won't regret the change hunny. Both Billy and Lucy love their home cooked toppers x
    Our mix is a 1/3 of each meat/rice or pasta/veg though but thats just how the neutricionist told us to do it for Billy cos he was soo young and on full home cooked x

oh and when you give them egg try giving them a whole boiled one occasionally rather than scrambled. It's messy but these two love chasing it around Sardines are also great as a little super once or twice a week too. X

I'm only going with the 50/25/25 split because that's what I've seen Sherry mention it ..... The eggs are now all hardboiled and sat in the fridge. Usually it's Tom who feeds them all, so I'm going to have to make this as SIMPLE as possible .... if you know what I mean!

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    You can add beans too, they're cheap and good for you. Makes it so yummy too. Yes I replace the same amount with home cooked. I drain most of the fat, but leave a little bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used kidney beans for Maggie's food because of their cancer fighting and immune system boosting qualities .... I may add some of those into their food too but I want to stick with this formula for a couple of weeks and see what happens!

I'm quite excited at finally getting to start this .....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads