Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Here I go!!!! Just a few questions .......

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

I just did my first round of home cooking yesterday and Tank LOVES it! He pushes his bowl all around the floor making sure that he doesn't miss one little nibble or lick! We still do kibble (NVI Salmon) in the morning - almost one cup with a spoonful of yogurt or cottage cheese and then one cup cooked food, warmed for dinner. These pups are so much fun to spoil!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Here I go!!!! Just a few questions .......

Quote Originally Posted by kazzy220 View Post
    For me ... I'm going to be doing home cooked for all eight dogs. So if I had to cook enough to feed all of them 100% home cooked I just wouldn't have the storage space in the fridge for it all. I know I could freeze some of it, but you can guarantee that either two things would happen. I'd forget to take it out of the freezer, or we'd take it out and neither of us would remember to put it in the fridge when it was defrosted. (Both things happen regularly in our house).

And as Sunday is my only day off, then I wouldn't have another day during the week when I would have the opportunity to make up a second batch.

So this seems to be the easiest way for us. I also do love Fromm, and all of them are doing VERY well on it. It's just something that I want to try doing for them, and I'll be honest ... I think it's going to save me a LOT of money!!!

I'm running into this with my 20 paws. Always thawing meat out. You know that 120 didn't last near as long as I thought it would. I had to buy 3 more cases today, freeze tonight so I can grind my butt off tomorrow night after work.. I'm so proud of you guys who are cooking home made for your fur kids. I did and I know how much they appreciate it. Really they do! good job
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Bulldog(s) Names
    Petunia aka "Tuni"
    Likes (Received)

So, I want to jump on this bandwagon! Is it okay to use ground meat that you can buy at the store or should I actually be using meat and bone then grinding? I don't have a grinder so I want to try and keep this as easy as I can for now. I'm happy with Acana so I'd like to do maybe 1/2 and 1/2 or even just a topper.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by mdn525 View Post
    So, I want to jump on this bandwagon! Is it okay to use ground meat that you can buy at the store or should I actually be using meat and bone then grinding? I don't have a grinder so I want to try and keep this as easy as I can for now. I'm happy with Acana so I'd like to do maybe 1/2 and 1/2 or even just a topper.
    I use the ground meat ... @Sherry only mentioned grinding because she was doing home cooked but has just switched to raw and is grinding all the raw stuff down.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads