Home cooking gone wild!

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
So, here is my cooking frenzy results today!!
Beef/ vegetable/ egg/ brown rice meatballs and pumpkin/ banana/ yogurt " cookies". Puppy food never tasted so good!!! image.jpgimage.jpg

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Yum. Looks delicious , have you actually sampled them yourself? Lol. Maybe you don't have to cook separate meals, you can just share. Would save on cooking time. I like the idea of your pumpkin, banana, yogurt cookies, they sound really good and healthy, would you be willing to share your recipe? I am always on the lookout for healthy foods and snacks for my guys, so far I've only tried home cooking beef, frozen mixed vegetables, green beans, and brown rice. I would line to add some treats.

OP
mer55

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yum. Looks delicious , have you actually sampled them yourself? Lol. Maybe you don't have to cook separate meals, you can just share. Would save on cooking time. I like the idea of your pumpkin, banana, yogurt cookies, they sound really good and healthy, would you be willing to share your recipe? I am always on the lookout for healthy foods and snacks for my guys, so far I've only tried home cooking beef, frozen mixed vegetables, green beans, and brown rice. I would line to add some treats.

I don't mind sharing recipie at all- if I had one! I shot from the hip, but I'll try my best to give you measurements:
1 cup brown rice flour
1 egg
1/2 container of Greek plain yogurt
2 Tbsp honey
1/2 banana-mashed
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1 tsp cinnamon

Mix all together. I coated a pizza tin with pam. Then I spread it out thin ( I moistened my hands with some spam) and got it as thin as possible. Bake at 400 about 15 minutes or until they look done. Then I shut the oven off and left Them in there hoping they would crisp up . They are a little soft, but he loves them
! Hope this works for you!!!
I waited til they cooled and cut them up with a pizza cutter!

Last edited:

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
good job, looks great! [MENTION=7064]mer55[/MENTION] I'm going to have to try making the cookies :) so what do you use to make your meatballs? I think my gang would LOVE those!!!

OP
mer55

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
good job, looks great! @mer55 I'm going to have to try making the cookies :) so what do you use to make your meatballs? I think my gang would LOVE those!!!
They were a cinch:
1 lb lean ground beef( ground round)
2 eggs
1/2 package frozen mixed veggies that I thawed and put into a processor- chop til fine
1/4 cup brown rice fflour
fresh parsley ( about 1/4 cup ) chopped fine
1 cup cooked brown rrice
low sodium beef broth-enough to just make the mixture moist - maybe 1/8 ccup mix all together and make about 21 meatballs. Bake 400 about 20-25 minutes til done. Then I freeze them and pull them out as needed!

I also cooked up a sweet potato that I was going to add to the mixture but I forgot it in the microwave! So, maybe next time. This will also work with ground turkey, lamb or chicken!
VOILA!!!

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
They were a cinch:
1 lb lean ground beef( ground round)
2 eggs
1/2 package frozen mixed veggies that I thawed and put into a processor- chop til fine
1/4 cup brown rice fflour
fresh parsley ( about 1/4 cup ) chopped fine
1 cup cooked brown rrice
low sodium beef broth-enough to just make the mixture moist - maybe 1/8 ccup mix all together and make about 21 meatballs. Bake 400 about 20-25 minutes til done. Then I freeze them and pull them out as needed!

I also cooked up a sweet potato that I was going to add to the mixture but I forgot it in the microwave! So, maybe next time. This will also work with ground turkey, lamb or chicken!
VOILA!!!

Awesome! Thank you for sharing both recipes with us :) I am definitely going to make them for the babies!!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I haven't had breakfast yet ............. and now I'm hungry!!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.