Birthday treat ideas?

KimboSlice

Sep 17, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Kimbo
Hi everyone! So Kimbo will be turning a year old in just a few weeks and I wanted to make his first birthday extra special! :2thumbs:Does anyone know of any recipes they could share or ideas? Thanks in advanced :D

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
I have actually been wondering the same thing. Herman loves whipped cream, so I wanted to give him something with whipped cream...maybe some mangos topped with a small amount of whipped cream.

My mom mentioned something about a doggie bday party where they had a liver cake.

Let me know if you find anything. I've been planning what to do for Herman's bday for a while LOL

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
This is a good example of what we do for Winston's birthday. We take a can of Blue Buffalo wet food, he likes turkey a lot; then decorate it with little doggy biscuits, and top it with a Peanut Butter treat. The kinds of treats used can vary; frozen vegetables, yogurt, whatever your bullies loves.

Winston absolutely devours this when we make it for him, which is every year on his birthday. :) Right now I just wish I'd scrubbed the bowl to make it shiney instead of leaving it all slobbered on...

Attachments

• Winston's 2nd Birthday 229.jpg
    Winston's 2nd Birthday 229.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 125
OP
KimboSlice

KimboSlice

Sep 17, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Kimbo
Thank you! I will take that into consideration :) I've never given Kimbo wet food so don't know how his tumy will take it. Its so hard when their stomachs are extra sensitive :confused:

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Thank you! I will take that into consideration :) I've never given Kimbo wet food so don't know how his tumy will take it. Its so hard when their stomachs are extra sensitive :confused:

Most kibbles come with a corersponding wet-food version. Blue Wilderness, for example, comes in either kibble or can, so you can get the canned version of the food and be okay. My dogs love the canned stuff. I use a little bit of it to top their kibbles for variety.

The feed store close by me (they're a small family-owned feed supply place - sells stuff mostly for horses but they have dog, cat, turtle, and bird food too) makes this Happy Birthday dog treats - it's basically the regular dog-bone-shaped dog treats frosted and decorated with Happy Birthday. The frosting is supposedly made of yogurt or something. It's really cute looking. Except, I gave it to my Bulldog and he promptly got sick. LOL. But, this bulldog is so sensitive he will get sick if you just put 1/4 cup more than his usual food serving in his bowl...

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Doggy Birthday Cake:

4 pounds ground turkey
3 cups cooked brown rice
1 cup diced carrots
1 cup diced celery
1 cup minced parsley
1 egg beaten
3 teaspoons chopped garlic
2 T. Olive Oil
1/2 t. vanilla
1 t. baking soda
1/2 c whole wheat flour
4 c mashed potatoes

Mix turkey, rice, carrots, celery, parsley. In sperate bowl combine eggs, garlic, oil and vanilla. Agg egg misture to to turkey and mix well. Add baking soda and flour and mix thorouhly. Pour 1/4 batter into 4 8" round cake pans. Bake at 350 for one hour. Cool and frost with mashed potatoes. Can be frozen.

Banana Dog Treats:

1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas
3 cups oats
1/4 cup applesauce
1/2 t. vanilla
1/2 c chopped peanuts

Combine all ingrediants and mix thoroughly. Drop batter by spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet and press flat with fork. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Cool and place in airtight container.

thesspa

I live with 2 porkers!
Apr 10, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
I wound up making 2 of them (one for the humans too) so I didn't waste half an apple. Add some cinnamon and nutmeg to the human one and I bet it would be even yummier.

Ingredients

• 1 egg
  • 3 Tablespoons peanut butter
  • 1/2 apple, finely chopped
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder

Instructions

• Preheat oven to 350*.
  • Mix all ingredients together until smooth.
  • Grease a ramekin with olive oil. Fill with batter.
  • Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden and a toothpick comes out clean.
  • Let cool completely before serving.

OP
KimboSlice

KimboSlice

Sep 17, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Kimbo
thanks I will definitely be trying these out!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.