Recipe for frosting and icing?

PeterPanAndWendy

Jul 27, 2011
Lindsey, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pan Cake
I like to make my own treats, which are a great hit.... But I'm looking for a recipe for homemade bully safe frosting and icing for those special occasion treats.... I don't want to use a premade mix if I can avoid it.... Any ideas? :pray:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I like to make my own treats, which are a great hit.... But I'm looking for a recipe for homemade bully safe frosting and icing for those special occasion treats.... I don't want to use a premade mix if I can avoid it.... Any ideas? :pray:

Maybe cream cheese mixed with yogurt? Hey that sounds good enough to eat!!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Peanut butter mixed with yogurt. We freeze this into little bite size treats and they love it. You could use it as a frosting without freezing it.

mendomama

Aug 28, 2011
Mendocino, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Uni & Boadie
I used cream cheese and apple sauce for Uni's first b-day. It was well liked but she had a hard time getting it down it was like the cream cheese was to thick and sticky for her to swallow. Also she wanted to swallow her cake whole! Which was kinda scary because I could see she was already having a hard time with the frosting. At one point I did reach into her mouth and pulled out a huge chunk of cake and then broke it up a bit for her to finish it. Over all she loved her cake but I will try a different frosting next year, or at least add way more apple sauce making it not so thick and hard to swallow. Just wanted to share my experience

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=2879]PeterPanAndWendy[/MENTION] we put about half and half then taste it and add a little more peanut butter to our liking.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I just throw stuff together sometimes, not sure how much i would use. i guess it Depends on if you want it thick or more if a drizzle. I saw recipes for this stuff but all contain powdered sugar so I would not put that on a dog treat. I have never done it but that is how I would do it if I were gonna make dog treats, just a half block of cream cheese and enough yogurt to make it smooth. Of course refrigerate and freeze the treats so the icing doesn't go bad.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I put cream cheese frosting on Abby's birthday carrot cake. I used powered sugar on her frosting but I have another recipe that uses 8 oz of whipped cream cheese, 2 tablespoons of honey and 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon.

Powered sugar is fine for dogs. I made Abby all kinds of treats and sprinkled it on top. Her favorite was the molasses balls she got every day to boost her iron levels.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I was looking at some dog bakery's here and they seem to use yogurt and im not sure how they do it because it kind of turns hard like a shell if that makes sense?

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
I was wondering the same thing about it getting hard. I made some Christmas cookies for Aubie today with yogurt and cream cheese frosting, but I couldn't get it to get hard.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Maybe I should make some treats for Fte after reading this thread.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.