Blueberry muffins!!!!!

Winslow

Aug 6, 2012
San Diego
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
Winslow will do ANYTHING for a blueberry muffin from "Three Dog Bakery"...hehehe. I found a recipe from their cookbook online for a copycat recipe of them so I had to try it...the result: he loved them just as much!!!!! :excited::w00t::cooking:

I baked them in the little mini-muffin cups, and since I used brown rice flour I filled them almost to the top because brown rice flour doesn't rise as much as regular flour.

blueberry.jpg

Here is the recipe:

1 cup skim milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup honey
1 egg
2 1/3 cups white flour (i used brown rice flour)
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries (i just used frozen)

Preheat oven to 375 deg.
In a mixing bowl combine milk, oil and honey. Add egg and blend well.
Combine flour and baking powder in a separate bowl, and add to wet ingredients.
Stir thoroughly

Add vanilla and fold in blueberries.

Fill muffin cups 2/3 full (i did a little more bc of brown rice flour).
Bake 20-25 min or until toothpick comes out clean. :) (i baked less time for the mini cups!!!) :2thumbs:

L

Lucy-licious

they looks very tasty...did you try one? and where the pc of Winslow getting his cupcake??

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
These look sooo good. I want a blueberry muffin for myself! I'll have to try these for Bruin and Lilly. I imagine you could use Garbanzo Bean Flour instead of rice or wheat, just in case of allergies. Not sure how much that would effect the taste. I would probably give it a whirl, I don't want to upset the allergy demons. I looked up Bob's Red Mill flours and you can use 7/8 cup of garbanzo bean flour to replace 1 cup of wheat flour. :2thumbs:

OP
Winslow

Winslow

Aug 6, 2012
San Diego
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
[MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious[/MENTION] hehehe no my sister tried them (i'm not a blueberry fan personally)...she said it was pretty good, which means that it must taste REALLY good to the pup hehehe...the last pumpkin treats I made him I tried and it tasted dry and flavorless.

IMG_1939.jpgIMG_1950.jpgIMG_1951.jpg

[MENTION=322]LillyNBruin[/MENTION] let me know how the garbanzo flour works!!! So cool...didn't even know they had such a thing!

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online