Cannot wait to hear the results!

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
Cannot wait to hear the results!

002.jpg003.jpg 004.jpg
this is what he looks like today (he was taking a nap and wouldn't cooperate with me) and Remy wouldn't let me put the camera away without mugging it up for Grammy Lisa!!!!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I've been following a home cooking diet for Tate as well since last Saturday (thanks to Lisa's suggestion).

I put a London Broil steak in the crockpot along w/potatoes. I then add some kidney beans and frozen green beans on top, with some rice. Not only does Tate really love his food (well, he's always been easy to please anyways), but this a.m. I did notice his rusty wrinkles below the eyes weren't AS rusty red as usual! they appear lighter in color which is a good sign. I'm planning to continue this, probably getting some hamburger for the weekend.

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Awesome adding the pics will be certainly a good way to see! Those look very itchy!!! Most of Tidus's problem was strictly around the eyes.

I was saving this news for a new post, but just to give you all more hope, I started Molly on this diet 2 weeks ago. She has dry eye. Everyday without fail, I have to wash out the giant green goop from her eyes, meds and such did not do anything except for Baytril which is a high powered antibiotic.... but Baytril also kills good bacteria so it is a vicious circle. She even suffered from 2 ulcers due to this condition, and no amount of optimmune has helped her.

Well, I noticed about 5 days ago the eye boogers were down at least 50%. Now the past few days there is hardly any at all!!!!

I got some Ofloxin drops because I am not convinced this is dry eye, I think the dry eye is a symptom. I started her on the drops today so I am hoping to finally see her back in tip top shape after nearly a year of this non sense!!! And in all this time, the home cooking has shown me the greatest improvement I could EVER dream of.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Awesome adding the pics will be certainly a good way to see! Those look very itchy!!! Most of Tidus's problem was strictly around the eyes.

I was saving this news for a new post, but just to give you all more hope, I started Molly on this diet 2 weeks ago. She has dry eye. Everyday without fail, I have to wash out the giant green goop from her eyes, meds and such did not do anything except for Baytril which is a high powered antibiotic.... but Baytril also kills good bacteria so it is a vicious circle. She even suffered from 2 ulcers due to this condition, and no amount of optimmune has helped her.

Well, I noticed about 5 days ago the eye boogers were down at least 50%. Now the past few days there is hardly any at all!!!!

I got some Ofloxin drops because I am not convinced this is dry eye, I think the dry eye is a symptom. I started her on the drops today so I am hoping to finally see her back in tip top shape after nearly a year of this non sense!!! And in all this time, the home cooking has shown me the greatest improvement I could EVER dream of.

I don't think it bothers him too much, the only time he rubs his face is if I use the malacetic ultra on his wrinkles and rope, then he goes crazy rubbing his face on anything he can. His face is really smelly though and it's hard when he cuddles up to me at night and breathes in my face because all I can smell is his face. It doesn't smell like fritos either, that I could handle. I can't even tell you what to compare it too, just an unpleasant smell. Thank goodness I can only smell it if I put my face right up to his!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I don't think it bothers him too much, the only time he rubs his face is if I use the malacetic ultra on his wrinkles and rope, then he goes crazy rubbing his face on anything he can. His face is really smelly though and it's hard when he cuddles up to me at night and breathes in my face because all I can smell is his face. It doesn't smell like fritos either, that I could handle. I can't even tell you what to compare it too, just an unpleasant smell. Thank goodness I can only smell it if I put my face right up to his!

Maybe more of a sour milk scent? that's what Tate has...a very distinct sour-y smell. It's not awful or anything...it's just not something i'd bottle up and sell in the eau du cologne section! :laugh:

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Maybe more of a sour milk scent? that's what Tate has...a very distinct sour-y smell. It's not awful or anything...it's just not something i'd bottle up and sell in the eau du cologne section! :laugh:

maybe, it is just really unpleasant when I'm snuggling close to his face! His face is more wrinkly than the other two so I have to really make sure I keep him clean, but getting him on the right food is becoming a nightmare. I think I'm going to have to break down and have him allergy tested.

Kimo boyz mama

Mar 3, 2013
Los Gatos, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Kimo and Ollie (brothers, 1 yr apart)
Wondering if the rice or pasta is uncooked when you throw it in? Do you think adding coconut oil instead of butter would work? Kimo is suffering with allergies, most likely to Blue Buffalo grain free treats I have been giving him...his eyes are goopy, ears beet red, and itchy and loss of hair...OMG...my poor guy. And his little brother Ollie, a year younger, is suffering from chin acne...so I stopped it this week...thinking maybe potatoes are the culprit...feeding FROMM pork and peas right now...and leary of if it is something in there too...Ollie is on Fromm puppy and had no reactions until, I believe the treats...ugh.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
I am going to make this for Elmo and my other 4 legged kids. Thank You So Much for sharing this recipe. LOL

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wondering if the rice or pasta is uncooked when you throw it in? Do you think adding coconut oil instead of butter would work? Kimo is suffering with allergies, most likely to Blue Buffalo grain free treats I have been giving him...his eyes are goopy, ears beet red, and itchy and loss of hair...OMG...my poor guy. And his little brother Ollie, a year younger, is suffering from chin acne...so I stopped it this week...thinking maybe potatoes are the culprit...feeding FROMM pork and peas right now...and leary of if it is something in there too...Ollie is on Fromm puppy and had no reactions until, I believe the treats...ugh.

Actually I don't even use butter anymore, I'm a coconut oil gal now too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
[MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION] Id like to try this but Im just curious..If I feed grain free doesn't the rice and pasta defeat the purpose of that?..Ive always fed grain free (not because he's shown any allergies but just because I always thought it was better to do so for a bulldog)...even the bland diet is boiled hamburger and rice correct?..

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION] Id like to try this but Im just curious..If I feed grain free doesn't the rice and pasta defeat the purpose of that?..Ive always fed grain free (not because he's shown any allergies but just because I always thought it was better to do so for a bulldog)...even the bland diet is boiled hamburger and rice correct?..

Yes many times I used no rice or pasta, ive even used cous cous, mixed berries, sweet potatoes, apples, spinach, canned pumpkin, eggs, ect. You can alter it depending on what you have. But I always have the hamburger, beans and veggies.

Eggs work really well because I makes it like a scramble. If you use eggs I recommend doing that last --- with each serving, rather than adding it to the whole batch. Refrigerate the batch with no eggs. Then when you go to heat up a portion you can heat it up in the fry pan and add some eggs to scramble it all up. I'm just thinking eggs would not stay too fresh mixed in for 3 days being stored so that's why I don't add them directly in the batch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robin Potter

Jan 17, 2015
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Not yet
I was wondering if anyone has tried this on a younger puppy yet? How much did you end up giving? We are looking at getting a younger puppy and I'm very interested in going with homemade.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
I was wondering if anyone has tried this on a younger puppy yet? How much did you end up giving? We are looking at getting a younger puppy and I'm very interested in going with homemade.
I think you can go for it, but I would feed a vitamin like nuvet in addition. and be prepared to never go back to kibble.

sent from my droid mini

Robin Potter

Jan 17, 2015
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Not yet
I think you can go for it, but I would feed a vitamin like nuvet in addition. and be prepared to never go back to kibble.

sent from my droid mini

I've done raw with the cats and personally didn't like it. I like this and all the comments coming are sounding great. I wont mind never looking kibble a look again.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.