Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
4 cups whole wheat flour
2 cups dry oatmeal
2 cups cooked brown rice
2 cups powered milk
3 cups of chicken/beef broth
4 eggs (beaten)
1 cup lard or shortening

Mix dry ingredients with the broth then add the eggs and lard. Mix well until it's blended

Pour into a shallow baking pan or cookie sheet (use a couple of pans if you have to, you don't want it too thick)

If you want you can also add any fruits or vegetables before baking. All vegetables should be blanched and pureed to break down the cellulose

Bake at 200 degrees for 45 minutes (you want it to be dry)
Let cool and break into small pieces. Store in a plastic bag or container in the fridge for 2 weeks or freeze until later.

calories 511.7
total fat 28.1
cholesterol 320.4mg
sodium 371.7mg
potassium 300.7mg
total carbs 47.9g
dietary sugars 2.5g
protein 19.5g

Mogleebear

Jun 4, 2012
Washington
Bulldog(s) Names
Moglee
You're incorporating "brown rice"; may sound like I Dumb question, but my Moglee is on the bland diet (day 2). Is brown rice alright to supplement instead of the white rice?

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
You're incorporating "brown rice"; may sound like I Dumb question, but my Moglee is on the bland diet (day 2). Is brown rice alright to supplement instead of the white rice?

It's absolutely fine to substitute brown for white. As long as your baby isn't chronically ill you can feed him as much of it as you like. It's only dogs that are kidney compromised (like my Abby) or have other urinary weaknesses (frequent UTI's etc) that have to watch their intake of brown rice. It is higher in phosphorous than white rice and too much of it can lead to further kidney damage, calcium oxalate crystals or bladder stones.

To use in a bland diet to settle an upset tummy is perfectly fine, especially if he likes it better :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.