diet they were on all the time.
Thanks for the info. There is
so much to learn.

froggz

Mar 30, 2010
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sadie
I used to use white rice for my bland diet, but I have recently switched to whole grain brown rice. Cooked long enough its just as easy to digest, and is more healthy than white rice.

The meat portion is either chicken or ground beef, and sweet potato (yam) is another good source of carbohydrates.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I use white rice and chicken. OR if it is an emergency and by that I mean that I come home from working 12 or so hours to be greeted by the word "diahorrea" then we will use canned dog food. So I usually have the packet of Uncle Bens white rice that you can zap in the microwave for 90seconds and a can of dog food stored away for these emergencies.

I was using the brown rice at first, but then my vet just said to use white rice because the brown rice is higher in fiber and that's the last thing you want when you're trying to clear up diahorrea!

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Figures is post in this thread since I'm sure someone else will have this question a some point. This isn't my first time doing the bland diet but I just can't remember. (Baby brain)

How long do you normally feed them the bland diet? And when switching back to their food, should you do it gradual or can you just go right back to feeding them their normal meals?

I think last time I switched Chunk back gradually (over 2-3 days) but that also may have been a food switch at the time. Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
Another protein source that can be used is scrambled eggs. Which is quicker than cooking up most meats especially if they are frozen. My vet recommended it when Frankie had to be on the bland diet. I did white rice with chicken breast and the scrambled eggs and he loved it.

kymadmom

Dec 28, 2013
Ok guys...need some feedback here. If I'm cooking ground beef, rice and some California veggies (broccoli, cauliflower and carrots) for my bully...how much do I feed him? We normally feed him 1 cup of kibble at breakfast, lunch and dinner. He's 6 months old and his food didn't get here in time from Petflow. So, instead of spending more $$ on food just for 2 days, we figured we'd just put him on the bland diet. He currently eats Fromm pork and peas. Any ideas??

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ok guys...need some feedback here. If I'm cooking ground beef, rice and some California veggies (broccoli, cauliflower and carrots) for my bully...how much do I feed him? We normally feed him 1 cup of kibble at breakfast, lunch and dinner. He's 6 months old and his food didn't get here in time from Petflow. So, instead of spending more $$ on food just for 2 days, we figured we'd just put him on the bland diet. He currently eats Fromm pork and peas. Any ideas??

We've always used 3/4 cup of the mixture at the same time you would usually feed him.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online