Doggie Peanut butter and Pumpkin cookies (wheat free)

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
IMG_0734.jpg

These are actually a combination of peanut butter and pumpkin, mixed in with white rice flour rather than conventional flour. It's a great alternative for those who may have an allergy to wheat but still want something tasty to munch on. You can find white rice flour in the baking aisle at your grocery store. I got mine at an Orowheat outlet so if you have one of those stores nearby, you may want to buy the flour there instead as it was a little cheaper in price.

The nice thing about this recipe is you can make the dough ahead of time, then wrap it in plastic wrap and place in the fridge if you don't feel like baking them just yet. Refrigerating them also helps when you roll it out to cut into pieces. As you can see, I used heart and star cookie cutters :)

With the holidays coming, I thought it might be fun to give these cookies as gifts for our own furry critters as well as our friend's and family's.

Once again, this recipe is taken from the Doggie Dessert Chef website:

Ingredients
2 cups White Rice Flour
1/2 cup Peanut Butter
1 cup Pumpkin Puree
2 Eggs
1 teaspoon Cinnamon

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
2. In a large bowl mix all ingredients one at a time, kneading well after each addition.
3. Knead dough into ball and roll onto a floured surface 1/4 inch thick. Cut with the cookie cutter of your choice.
4. Place on your prepared cookie sheet and bake for 10 to 15 minutes (actually took about 18-20 minutes in my oven). Cool and refrigerate.
Makes 5 to 6 dozen small circles.

HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
How much of each!

~Heather~

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Both Gio and Diva love pumpkin cookies! I will have to make these for them!

jchommel

Sep 24, 2012
Wrangell, AK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
AKC Cherry's Vera Claire-Vouant, Cherry's Adonis Blake Leonidas
Fantastic recipe!!! Thanks a bunch!!! :2thumbs:

LoveBug

Mar 29, 2018
Western Washington State
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bug
View attachment 13760

These are actually a combination of peanut butter and pumpkin, mixed in with white rice flour rather than conventional flour. It's a great alternative for those who may have an allergy to wheat but still want something tasty to munch on. You can find white rice flour in the baking aisle at your grocery store. I got mine at an Orowheat outlet so if you have one of those stores nearby, you may want to buy the flour there instead as it was a little cheaper in price.

The nice thing about this recipe is you can make the dough ahead of time, then wrap it in plastic wrap and place in the fridge if you don't feel like baking them just yet. Refrigerating them also helps when you roll it out to cut into pieces. As you can see, I used heart and star cookie cutters :)

With the holidays coming, I thought it might be fun to give these cookies as gifts for our own furry critters as well as our friend's and family's.

Once again, this recipe is taken from the Doggie Dessert Chef website:

Ingredients
2 cups White Rice Flour
1/2 cup Peanut Butter
1 cup Pumpkin Puree
2 Eggs
1 teaspoon Cinnamon

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
2. In a large bowl mix all ingredients one at a time, kneading well after each addition.
3. Knead dough into ball and roll onto a floured surface 1/4 inch thick. Cut with the cookie cutter of your choice.
4. Place on your prepared cookie sheet and bake for 10 to 15 minutes (actually took about 18-20 minutes in my oven). Cool and refrigerate.
Makes 5 to 6 dozen small circles.

I just made this but substituted unsweetened applesauce:2thumbs::2thumbs: for pumpkin (cause I bought pumpkin pie mix instead of pumpkin). I had to add another 1/2 cup of rice flour due to the increased moisture. All that to say - thank you! The dogs really enjoy them

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.