Lucyinthe6ix

Nov 29, 2016
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
Hey Guys
Dont know if this thread is going on still
Just wondering ill be switching lucy's food in about a week from royal canin bulldog puppy to fromms puppy.
I have been wanting to add coconut oil and grizzly salmon oil in her food once a day.
Can you add both at the same time? OR maybe salmon oil in the morning and coconut oil at dinner?
Also how much do you recommend to start with?
ANd should i wait till she gets used to the fromms puppy food?
Thanks!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hey Guys
Dont know if this thread is going on still
Just wondering ill be switching lucy's food in about a week from royal canin bulldog puppy to fromms puppy.
I have been wanting to add coconut oil and grizzly salmon oil in her food once a day.
Can you add both at the same time? OR maybe salmon oil in the morning and coconut oil at dinner?
Also how much do you recommend to start with?
ANd should i wait till she gets used to the fromms puppy food?
Thanks!

Do one or the other and I would not change/add too much at once. Switch her food and wait about a month, then add which ever oil you want to use for her.

Lucyinthe6ix

Nov 29, 2016
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
Do one or the other and I would not change/add too much at once. Switch her food and wait about a month, then add which ever oil you want to use for her.

Ok that sounds about right.
So its not a good idea to put coconut oil and the salmon oil at once in her bowl? OR can you put salmon oil in the morning and coconut oil for dinner?
Thanks

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Ok that sounds about right.
So its not a good idea to put coconut oil and the salmon oil at once in her bowl? OR can you put salmon oil in the morning and coconut oil for dinner?
Thanks

I give Nyala one or the other. Never together and with her never everyday or she gets loose stools. But that's her. I give one day coconut oil jump a day or 2 then give the Salmon oil. She gets organs n is home cooked so I jump days.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Oils are only needed every other day ir just a few times a week if for maintenance--

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Like humans, popping vitamins left n right to stay healthy. If you eat right, balanced and clean, you dont need all these vitamins. Winter is a bit harder to fine fresh. Same for dogs feed them properly and exercises you might get a few extra years with da furballs. If you do give the furball (goes for humans) vitamins, make sure it's always in the forms of oil or powder. Not a pill you have to crush. A lot of people have no clue in pill form it has barely the amount of units or mgc you're supposed to be taking. Your body flushes it out as its too long to digest.

Shahster

Apr 13, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis & Cyrus
I was told if a dog eats whole fish (sardines, mackerel, smelts) then you donā€™t need to add fish oil. Anyone know if thatā€™s true?

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I was told if a dog eats whole fish (sardines, mackerel, smelts) then you donā€™t need to add fish oil. Anyone know if thatā€™s true?

It is true, but I donā€™t have a lot of details it is on here somewhere

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.