Grizzly Salmon Oil/Fish Oil

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Horrible stomach cramps and Diarrhea...When I say horrible it was the longest week and a half before I finally figured out what the cause was..My husband was ready to take me to the Dr. b/c I could hardly leave the house and if I did I had to pray to make it to where I needed to be before it hit again..We were laying in bed one night and after the 4th time getting up to go in less than 2 hrs..I said nothing has changed except I started those fish oil pills, so I googled fish oil pill side effects and Diarrhea was there! Within 2 days of stopping them it was gone!! I have never ever in my life been that miserable with stomach cramps and Diarrhea!!!

YIKES! :ohmy: I'm sorry to hear that. If it can do that to you then i'm sure it can definitely do it in Ollie.

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
YIKES! :ohmy: I'm sorry to hear that. If it can do that to you then i'm sure it can definitely do it in Ollie.
That's why i've been Leary to give it to him, its bad enough in a human let alone a dog!!

Starkie

Dec 8, 2012
Northern California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Walley-Bubba aka Wooley Bulley aka Walter! aka Landi!!
I use the Grizz oil with the pork and peas stopping the oil for a week made his chin go pink again.......

Happy you have a healthy baby!

Why would denying the Salmon Oil make for a pink chin? Wouldn't denying it would fix an allergy rather than triggering it?

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Why would denying the Salmon Oil make for a pink chin? Wouldn't denying it would fix an allergy rather than triggering it?

No, he needs the oil to prevent the pink. When I stopped giving him the Salmon oil for a week the pink came back, once he started back on it the pink went away.

Starkie

Dec 8, 2012
Northern California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
No, he needs the oil to prevent the pink. When I stopped giving him the Salmon oil for a week the pink came back, once he started back on it the pink went away.

Anyone know why they need Salmon Oil to fix a pink chin? Thanks.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Salmon oil gives my Bulldog whatever nutrient he needs to prevent him from getting a pink chin that's all.

Starkie

Dec 8, 2012
Northern California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks Dolphin. Walley-Bubba has had a pink chin for a while. Maybe I'll try a little Salmon Oil when we get back from Stinson Beach and see how he does. Thanks again.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I add this to their breakfast every morning!
religiously every morning and Sheldon's coat is so healthy and shiny and the places where he had lost hair is growing back now.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
We stopped salmon oil since we switched so salmon food ,i don't see any improvement with extra salmon oil on top so look like girls got all they need
Nice shiny and soft coats ,that people tend to notice
they food has added glucosamine so that is another thing i don't have to add to their diet x

Starkie

Dec 8, 2012
Northern California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Salmon oil gives my Bulldog whatever nutrient he needs to prevent him from getting a pink chin that's all.

Thanks very much again, Dolphin. I gave Walley-Bubba the Salmon Oil with his Fromm Pork and Peas dinner last night and guess what.Today, he looked much better, cleaner, sharper in the white areas with hardly any pink chin! Not sure what is going on or why, but we went to the vet today for his eye follow-up and they thought the salmon oil may be aiding his digestion a little. So we will keep on adding three squirts of salmon oil to his dinner every other night and see how he does. We are heading out on a road trip tomorrow returning Sunday, so I don't want to risk loosey gooseys while we are on the road and will start the salmon oil supplement on Monday. Thanks again, this was a very good tip from you.

KathrynW

Jun 27, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Not yet
Hey all! I am new here and getting my first bulldog puppy in 2 weeks. I am wondering if this is something I should start putting on his food from day 1 when he comes home. TIA!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hey all! I am new here and getting my first bulldog puppy in 2 weeks. I am wondering if this is something I should start putting on his food from day 1 when he comes home. TIA!

You can start immediately, but do it slowly and gradually so you can make sure it's not too much for him. I always tell all New puppy owners to add things one at a time, and to do a gradually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KathrynW

Jun 27, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Not yet
You can start immediately, but do it slowly and gradually so you can make sure it's not too much for him. I always tell all New puppy owners to add things one at a time, and to do a gradually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.