I HAVE BEEN ADOPTED! Sinatra~~Available English Bulldog for Adoption in Georgia

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
Sinatra_zpsfaf9de2d.jpg

6/18/10: Sinatra is a two year old female who is mild mannered, affectionate, playful, and full of love. She is completely potty trained and loves her kennel. Needs an owner with a firm hand and will benefit in a single dog home. She is very athletic for an English bulldog, can even jog along side of you! Believe it or not she does not snore!!! She does have irritable skin, and will require special attention in that area. Very healthy other than a knee fracture with repair as a puppy. Sinatra is a great cuddle buddy and will fill your home with love!!!

Sinatra will be available for adoption after she has been spayed. At present, she lives with a labā€¦aside from normal squabbles over attention and toys, they get along well. Sinatra is being fostered by her owners until an adoptive family has been found.

Update: Sinatra had some difficulty in her owners home with their other dog. We felt it best that Sinatra go to another home. Since she is ā€œdog aggressiveā€ she came to me for safe keeping. After an initial outburst when she was confronted with my 2 Doxies, sheā€™s settled down and hasnā€™t displayed any ā€œgate or crate aggressionā€. She has been on steroids intermittently for the last 2 years (for a skin condition) , this may be the source of the aggression. We will give her more time to decompress before attempting that hurdle. Her skin is in terrible condition. We have already changed her to premium grain free food and placed her on antibiotics. The wet lesions have dried up but her skin needs more work. We will attempt a ā€œnon steroidā€ approach to healing her skin issues. She has stellar behavior with humans and loves childrenā€¦she loves any attention she gets.

Update 10/06/10: Her skin was beautiful and we were able to perform spay. During the hospital stay, she was exposed to something that set her skin off again. We have sent off blood work for allergy testing. Sweet girl is getting better, but we need to get to the bottom of the allergy mystery and find a solution so she can live the rest of her life comfortably. Sinatra is a very, very sweet girl and has never shown one ounce of aggression towards me or my children. She can play rough, just like most bulldogs. Her potty habits are improving but she has an aversion to going outside after dark. She will potty in her room, on a towel if she is left alone BUT will not have an accident if she is interacting with the family. I think she gets angry with me when I limit her access to the rest of the house and does it to show her irritation.

Update 12/22/10: We continue having skin issues. As soon as I get her skin cleared, something else sheā€™s allergic to blooms. We are going to begin allergy shots before spring hits and see if we can get some improvement. Potty training is going well and she has finally adapted to our schedule. Instead of accidents multiple times a day and refusal to step into the yard to potty, we donā€™t have any problem getting her out the door now, since she is on the lookout for that rascally frog that evaded her all summer. She is fearful of the dark but has been much better the last few weeks. She absolutely will not take a step out into the yard if itā€™s raining, the dear certainly doesnā€™t like to get her paws wet. Sheā€™s had one accident in the last 2 weeks and that was only because it rained and she refused to go outā€¦you can only hold it for so long before the dam bursts.

Update 1/19/11: Sinatra has mastered the art of going potty outside!!!!!! but must be accompanied by her human. Not a problem because I never leave my English Bulldogs outside without supervision.

Her skin initially cleared and she did well during the summer, but after her spay surgery this fall, we had been having recurrent issues with skin infections. We finally got to the bottom of the skin mysteryā€¦Demodex mange. She is undergoing treatment at present. We anticipate a quick and complete recovery, then we can proceed to weekly allergy shots before spring.

Sinatra is a very sweet girl who did have self-confidence issues when she first came to rescue. We are working on those and have made great strides. She was reportedly dog aggressive but hasnā€™t acted aggressive with any of the other dogs in my home but has only had limited exposure. She visited PetSmart this weekend and did well.

Update 10/15/11: Sinatraā€™s skin has been inflammed again during the late summer and early fall. After a course of antibiotics and steroids, she immediately broke out again! The reason: darn bunny rabbits coming into my yard and leaving their droppings. As closely as I watch her, she canā€™t seem to resist their little nuggets (gross I know). Now I have to go outside and find every little deposiā€¦t, before I allow her into to yard. Sheā€™s back on antibioitcs and another round of steroids. Her potty issues and fears have continued, despite attempts at training and rewards for doing her business outside. We have decided to consult a pet communicator for help. Sounds crazy but weā€™ve tried everything else, I donā€™t think we have anything to lose. At Doggy Palooza today, her behavior was fantastic. She walked through groups of dogs without fear, even showed a little interest in them.
Update 11/10/11: Allergies have been a big problem this fall. She is also going to begin allergy shots in the hope that sheā€™ll be ready for next fall allergens.

Update 1/12/12: Sinatra began her alleregy shots and is responding well to them.

Update 4/7/12: Sinatraā€™s skin is not looking great. It looks like she may have a staff infection. We are thinking a trip to the dermatologist is needed.

Update: I've Been ADOPTED!!!

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Georgia English Bulldog Rescue

Last edited by a moderator:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.