Iphone 5

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
Ok so I think I'll be ordering my 4S next week.. Im waiting for a coworker's to arrive so I can play with it just to make sure I like it enough....

I read there's a New GAME apps soley for the IPhone 4S.
Its a spin off from Angry Birds...
Its Called Frusterated Birds...

aNGRYbIRDS.jpg

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Siri experiment:

Me: "Send a text message to Pam"
Siri: "Starting facetime with Tom"

Uh... c'mon... my Filipino accent is not THAT bad!

My son: "What is 5 times 7?"
Siri: "I got this for you:" (displays the result of 35, a visual dot-presentation and a line number presentation of 35).

My son: "Are you a boy or a girl?"
Siri: "We don't have time for that."

Me: "Are you a boy or a girl?"
Siri: "I don't understand."

Grrrrr.

My son: "You're awesome, Siri."
Siri: "I'm good but not great."

Me: "What makes you good?"
Siri: "I don't know what you mean."

Sigh...

Last edited:

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Me: "Siri, you suck!"
Siri: "If you insist."

Me: "What can you do?"
Siri: "I don't know what you mean..."

Grrrr...

My son: "Siri won't give you the right answer if you have a temper, Mom..."

Me: "Okay, where's the closest McDonalds?"
Siri: "I found 20 restaurants matching McDonald's, 17 of them are fairly close to you."

That's more like it... Whew!

Me: "How do you control your temper?"
Siri: "Let me think about that. How about a web search for 'How do you control your temper?'"

Hah hah...

Me: "Siri, do you hate me?"
Siri: "I'm sorry, Anatess, I'm afraid I can't answer that."

Hmmm...

Me: "Siri, do you like me?"
Siri: "I really have no opinion."

HAH!

Last edited:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
[MENTION=2874]anatess[/MENTION], now be nice to Siri. She is our friend.:yes: So far, she's found me a couple good recipes on the web, written down my grocery list for me, and texted my brother on the art of making pan fried chicken! so what if there were a few typos?

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I :heart: Siri. Made myself several reminders for the next week all in a matter of seconds. I do find that I have to speak very clear. She's great for emails and texting too. I learned a few tricks today for the keyboard. If you're typing on it and you want to toggle between A,B,Cs to the 1,2,3s to add a :, ; , ( ), etc. just keep your finger on the 1,2,3, and slide it over to the symbol you want and then let go and it will take you back to the A,B,Cs. Also when texting or emailing, just hold and press the . or a letter like the n and it will give you more options, like .com, .net, etc. or the n with the squiggly.

I know how holidays on my calendar too. It's a code you have to put in so let me know if anyone wants it and I'll post it.

If you want to take a screen shot of your screen (like the print screen on your computer) hold the power button and the menu at the same time and release QUICK. I will snap a picture of whatever screen your on. Kinda kewl.

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
[U said:
cali baker[/U] ;114870]It's been confirmed now. @JeannieCO is a techy geek! :eek:
[MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION]

:yes: x 2 !

I was hearing this morning on the Elvis Duran morning show that his new 4S's battery life is really bad...
Are you guys experiencing that.?
I would think over use of SIRI would definitely drain the battery in a matter of hours.
Although I had read the battery life was supposed to have been Increased with the 4S ...

Last edited:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
This is my 1st smart phone so I can't compare it to anything but I do notice my battery % dropping quite a bit during the day; I charge my phone a couple times a day bc of that. I could see how Siri contributes to the decreased battery life. But I also take lots of pics, surf web, etc... Btw, u can include me in the tetchy geek category too...do any of u guys listen to Leo Leport (the TECH GUY)? I luv him! Lots of informative stuff, mostly over my head, but fun to listen to on wknds. He has a podcast too, FYI :)

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I have a question for you techy touch phone experts. We got an LG800 (cheap) touch phone last weekend. I can get EBN ok BUT it wigs out and says that the page is too large and to use my 'mobile app. WTH??? what mobile app? Would that be like Tapatalk or sumptin??

We can't afford an iPhone service but we have over 6000 carry over minutes built up and supposedly this phone is a lot easier to use the internet with so we got it to use up some of those minutes. Our old phone with the qwerty keyboard was just too hard to use so we didn't use it.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
[MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] We're Leo Laporte fans. I also love his crew. I use to listen to music at bedtime. Now I listen/watch his podcasts. He's very charming and has a youthful enthusiasm for gadgets. He's totally crazy for the Siri feature on the iPhone4s. He believes they will eventually release that feature to iPhone4 and iPad2. Crossing my fingers.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION], um, i'm sorry, i'll have to defer your question to the other techy touch phone geeks ([MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION], [MENTION=3139]Jack Daniels[/MENTION], [MENTION=1760]Fontanafox[/MENTION]), here...'cuz when it comes to questions like yours,:stupid:.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=1760]Fontanafox[/MENTION], isn't Leo the nicest guy? and so patient too. He seems to know everything about every kind of gadget. He's pretty cool!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.