Iphone 5

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION]...it's just because it says 4s..if the EXACT same phone said 5... You would be :dancing:!!!! I know nothing about "smart" phones..I know..I know..a real shock to everyone here....:laugh:.. But it will be very cooooooool! I did see where verizon is stopping their unlimited Internet..so get under contract and at least you'll be grandfathered in for the length of your contract!

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
That will be out in 6 months or so...after everybody spends their moola on this one!! :sarcastic:
Bingo what she said. It was rumor that it would be the 5 which would have a 4" screen and a slimmer design. I'm really like the current style and with that they were able to increase the battery life. It's a souped up version with a few more bells and whistles that I'm quite happy with. Marketing wise, they would have been smart to call it the 5, imo that is.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Bingo what she said. It was rumor that it would be the 5 which would have a 4" screen and a slimmer design. I'm really like the current style and with that they were able to increase the battery life. It's a souped up version with a few more bells and whistles that I'm quite happy with. Marketing wise, they would have been smart to call it the 5, imo that is.
I so agree! Why didn't they?? Ohhhh..who are we to question those geniuses?: laugh:.. Haven't made many goofs! Sure there's a method to their madness!! It'll be great anyway..Jeannie! My daughter is getting one too! She's got me convinced I need the Iphone 4....apparently..I don't need the 4s...lol..:eek:

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I so agree! Why didn't they?? Ohhhh..who are we to question those geniuses?: laugh:.. Haven't made many goofs! Sure there's a method to their madness!! It'll be great anyway..Jeannie! My daughter is getting one too! She's got me convinced I need the Iphone 4....apparently..I don't need the 4s...lol..:eek:
Not sure why they didn't but I'm sure there was a reason. It has the new Siri that Apple about for $200 Million Dollars and a dual core processor. Mike's cousin has the 4 and I have to admit it's pretty kewl. You'd probably be just fine with the 4, heck I would, but I was holding out for the 5. I'm pretty stoked regardless though. I think you should get it!!!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Not sure why they didn't but I'm sure there was a reason. It has the new Siri that Apple about for $200 Million Dollars and a dual core processor. Mike's cousin has the 4 and I have to admit it's pretty kewl. You'd probably be just fine with the 4, heck I would, but I was holding out for the 5. I'm pretty stoked regardless though. I think you should get it!!!
I just got my non smart phone last Christmas! Maybe Santa will bring one!! Ho ho ho!!.

kayrahbear

Sep 8, 2011
Nashville,TN
Bulldog(s) Names
Roscoe
The Apple big wigs at work said it didn't have enough 'completely new functions' to be a whole new generation of iphone. We had a few boxes get stabbed with the forklift forks and I took one outta the box when I was taking them to the trash (yeah, we just chuck em in the trash, even if they work. No ugly boxes for Apple!). It looks a bit different, but the weight feels about the same as the 4. I won't be shocked if the 5 comes out this summer. :p

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Well it's the iPhone 4S not the 5. I'm still going to order but I was really hoping for a new design on the outside and the larger screen. I'm still excited though. :)

Meeee tooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Apple big wigs at work said it didn't have enough 'completely new functions' to be a whole new generation of iphone. We had a few boxes get stabbed with the forklift forks and I took one outta the box when I was taking them to the trash (yeah, we just chuck em in the trash, even if they work. No ugly boxes for Apple!). It looks a bit different, but the weight feels about the same as the 4. I won't be shocked if the 5 comes out this summer. :p
If the 5 comes out next year and it has the bigger screen I'll be selling my 4S and getting it. :D I can't believe you guys would actually throw a new phone out, why not raffle it to an employee? Thanks for all your info too!!! :)

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Apple's naming convention is starting to make some sense. It's 4S, not 5, because it's not a major upgrade. And yes, 5 would get the 4" display, I'm pretty sure of it. 4S is basically an upgrade to remain competitive in the market while they prepare for the major 5 upgrade. If they would have named this a 5 it would be a major let-down because Apple usually "leads" the market and not just "keep up with it". So the expectation of a new version number is a leading edge. I'm thinking the 5 will be released when the cell networks are ready to support LTE. Because then, the iPhone would rock.

I can't believe the number of ho-humms coming out with the iPhone 4S though. I mean - dang, that phone is way cooler than my iPhone 4! And if I wasn't still on contract with AT&T, I would have gotten the 4S in a heartbeat (can't afford it without the contract). I mean, even ignoring the dual core A5 CPU and 64GB storage that is not available in the iPhone 4, synching via iCloud is just awesome. Along with the 8megapixel camera (a world reknowned photographer was asked, what is the best camera and he answered, the one you are holding when a photographic event occurs), the 1080p HD video recorder, the much better antenna, and Siri... and, I'm sure there's a jillion more...

So, this video kinda says it all for me - about how the new generation doesn't really realize what they got in their hands!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
That video reminded me so much of a couple of weeks ago when Facebook made changes that some people didn't like. Well, gee, Im sorry if you weren't consulted before changes were made to YOUR Facebook that you have been receiving FREE for all this time.... Get over it, Dillweed!!!!!!!! :LMAO:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.