izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
This q is basically for anyone.

Here we have a rule not to wear white pants or white shoes (except sneakers, I guess) after Labour Day and before Victoria Day in May. Of course, not everyone follows but those who know and have lived here for a while do. lol.

Seeing it's still warm and sunny in Florida, Arizona, California, etc., does this rule apply? Have you ever heard of it?

(My bad for being a curious cat. :) )

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
Since Florida doesn't experience the 4 seasons, we typically do not abide by that rule...

It is ALWAYS hot & humid so if you are smart, you will stay with light colors even after labor day........ unless of course, you are a Fashionista ! :tongue:

LoveMyBully82

Aug 30, 2011
Houston, Texas, United States
I'm from NY but live in TX. I have heard that rule all my life, and growing up in a colder climate it kinds of makes sense, but not down here. It was 100 degrees last week, so I wouldn't follow the rule. I still wear white pants/skirts if I feel like it.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I have always heard this rule but I dont follow rules. haha Plus in Cali I am pretty sure rules like this dont apply. :)

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
Always heard the rule but really don't follow it... Even though I usually don't wear white pants or skirts anyways, I would get it all dirty in 5 mins flat lol

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
I've never heard of this rule!
Then again, I'm in Iowa. haha.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
That rule went out the window in the US a LONG time ago....when I was in my 20's. We wear white whenever we darn well feel like it. And not just winter white either! lmbo

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I have heard of it but I don't think it applies anymore in too many places in the USA!?

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Up here in Washington State, no one abides by that rule. Part of the reason is that summer only lasts for a week hahahahaha.

LoveMyBullyBoy

Sep 12, 2011
Georgia
Bulldog(s) Names
Gravy
I'm in Georgia & I've always heard that 'rule' but never really followed it. Well, mostly now b/c I have 2 kids, 2 dogs, 2 cats, and a serious tendency toward clumsiness. :lmao:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.