• Flats. Who wants sore feet.

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Other!! please explain.

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
OP
L

Lucy-licious

You sound like one of those stylin' mommas. First the mini, now the Jimmy Choo's. What an admirable sounding life. .... Oh wait, and great kids and wonderful hubby too. haha.

Sorry to burst that bubble but I only have 1 great kid the other is an absolute **** but hey I can't win everything.
My mini is a lease car and soon to go back :( Then I will be driving his ugly Corsa VXR (boy racer car)
and I work for the NHS which believe me is not the best organistion to work for.

But as for Hubby yes he is wonderful...I am very lucky he puts up with me. and I tell you he has THE best taste in shoes :)

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
God made high heels not for height but for awesome legs... calves look much better in high heels. :D

I'm a high heels kinda gal... even when walking the dog. I got Michael Kors step-ins with wedged heels for that.

My grandmother was the same way. She was 85 years old, broke her hip when she slipped coming down the stairs. She was too old to get surgery, so she had to live with the broken hip... and still refused to let go of her high heels! She wears high heels even when she's just walking around in the house.

By the way, short people wearing super high heels looks like lollipops. It doesn't look good. I'm only 5 feet tall. So, the tallest heels I wear is 4" - and that's just for pantsuits or floor-length skirts. Other than that, 3" is my everyday shoes and 3.5" for non-pantsuit/floor-lengths.

Did anybody see the movie "Life as we know it" with Katherine Heigl? Now, she's an "ugly shoes" kinda actress. She always wears these ugly shoes in movies. It's like she's not comfortable in them. That movie is the same. But, there's a scene there where she wore these super high heels. She's a tall woman, so with the super high heels she looks smashing. Which is great for that scene because Josh Duhamel is a tall guy. But, she wears it like she's super conscious of her high heels so it kinda looked awkward.

Now, Sandra Bullock and Kate Bosworth always wear awesome shoes. Sandra Bullock wore super high-heels in that movie The Proposal and she looks great with it! She's also an average height girl.

Now, trivia... if you see shoes in movies with red outsoles... those are Christian Louboutins and not Yves Saint Laurent... Both Sandra Bullock in "The Proposal" and Katherine Heigl in "Life as we know it" wore Louboutins in the movie.

And yes, if I am as rich as Imelda Marcos, I will have 3,000 pairs of shoes as well. Why? Because, shoe-shopping is the perfect solution to depression... Everytime I go clothes shopping, my "fatness" only makes me more depressed, eating ice-cream makes me more depressed because I'm always thinking of the calories... shoes - they always fit and always look great!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I think we should have pix of you in high heels and flats so we can make up our own mind which looks better... :ROFL:

OP
L

Lucy-licious

I'm 5'6" and would say my 6" heels look the dogs doodahs...Its not about height its a posture thing. You need good posture to walk in heels without looking silly.
My fave thing about wearing my heels when out with Chris is that he's only around 5'7" so I tower him and he loves it :)

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
:nonono: God didn't make those high heels...some man did! Good on you if you love them...me..I like keeping my head out of thin air..and my Arse off the ground! :yes:

Yep. Nicholas LeStage (well, the modern heel, at least) for Luis XIV who thinks he's god. :D

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm 5'6" and would say my 6" heels look the dogs doodahs...Its not about height its a posture thing. You need good posture to walk in heels without looking silly.
My fave thing about wearing my heels when out with Chris is that he's only around 5'7" so I tower him and he loves it :)

We need to swap husbands. I'm 5", my husband is 6'4"...

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Swanky new restaurant and best dress deserve high heels. This is coming from a gal that hates wearing high heels and does not wear them anyore!!!! Flats will not give you the finished look though. Have fun! :D

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)

Attachments

• Microflora.jpg
    Microflora.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 30

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I prefer flats myself, I don't look good in high heels BAHAHAHAHA.... OH you mean on women, love the high heels. [MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious![/MENTION] my wife Bev had a Mini once, it was the coolest car to drive, I loved it. It's like a souped up go-cart. Have you seen the new one coming out the Mini coupe. Great looking car.

OP
L

Lucy-licious

I prefer flats myself, I don't look good in high heels BAHAHAHAHA.... OH you mean on women, love the high heels. [MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious![/MENTION] my wife Bev had a Mini once, it was the coolest car to drive, I loved it. It's like a souped up go-cart. Have you seen the new one coming out the Mini coupe. Great looking car.
It's already in the salesroom here but I havnt seen one on the road yet.....but yes it is a sweet car to drive, I will miss it when it goes back. Then I'll be driving his awful VXR grr

Most Reactions