Recliner/Glider help needed!!!

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Soooo with the new little man on the way, I've decided to finally give in to a rocker/glider/recliner/some sort of chair for my living room. Joe and I went to La-Z-Boy today and I have to say the salesman gave us a great pitch! We narrowed it down to three - a swivel glider and two rocker/recliners. I prefer the swivel glider (just like the motion better) but you lose some reclining positions. It's basically sit up or lay back. The two rocker/recliners are similar, one is just more cushy but I am not in love with the color choices (of course, that is Joe's fav chair).

So my question to you all - do any of you have a La-Z-Boy? Pros/cons? Anyone have another kind of recliner/glider they swear by? Being in sales in my past, I'm skeptical of the sales pitch. I'm sure the guy was honest about everything he told us, but I feel like I'd have to talk to the competition to get a clear view of if the construction is really all he says. Is there even any competition to La-Z-Boy? Any and all input is appreciated!!!

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
I would prefer a recliner/rocker they are more cushiny and easier to recline back and take sweet naps with the baby boy.. When my nephew was born and little my brother and sister in law had a reclining couch and I loved being able to lay back and get some sweet lovin from my handsome guy :) they had a matching love seat that rocked so if we needed to rock we would sit there and it also reclined so after he fell asleep u could lay back w him :)

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
I would prefer a recliner/rocker they are more cushiny and easier to recline back and take sweet naps with the baby boy.. When my nephew was born and little my brother and sister in law had a reclining couch and I loved being able to lay back and get some sweet lovin from my handsome guy :) they had a matching love seat that rocked so if we needed to rock we would sit there and it also reclined so after he fell asleep u could lay back w him :)

sounds like the living room furniture I have and I also have the matching rocker/recliner. I got mine from Art Van but I think they're only in Michigan.

L

Lucy-licious

I can't comment on recliners etc we don't have on at all....but I did get a rocking chair for when my youngest was born and I just wanted to say that there is nothing more magical than Nursing your baby whilst rocking in a chair.
They love the motion and rocking in there with an upset baby....well those wails soon turn into gurgles :)

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks for the input guys. All three recline ... just basically the rocker/recliner has a bunch of different recline positions for the feet whereas the swivel/glider is just up or down. Ohhh the decisions.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Sorry..I'm late! I love..love the swivel rockers! And lazy boy has great stuff! Do you have Living Spaces there? They have great furniture and very inexpensive..we got a great rocker recliner from them for $295... Love it! Got when my grandson was new..awwwww....now he makes me chase him to kiss him..and NO way ROCK! :cry:

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] that's so cute!!! How old is your grandson now? I'll have to google and see if we have Living Spaces around here!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So, based on the title of this thread.... I take it you cancelled the anniversary weekend? How is Chunk?

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
I say the rocker recliner. If u nurse get a nursing stool for ur feet and a good nursing pillow I got a breastfriend much better than a boppy ;)

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

deegary

Jul 8, 2011
southport
Bulldog(s) Names
walter
I know i live in the UK and we dont have the same stores as you.... but i have a recliner in very dark brown had it 2 years got it from leather word its been the best buy ever very cool to sit on in summer[not that we have much here lol] like sitting on a big cushion very much the same style as in your picture. but a little wider. the funny thing was it did not look very big in the shop. when thay delivered it 8 wks later it looked huge in my living room till we got use to it happy shopping:yes:

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Awww [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] that's so cute. I sooo love those ages!!!

[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] We did cancel the anniversary weekend. Decided we felt better about staying home and we will put the money towards the recliner. :) Worked out really well because we ended up having dinner at the place where we were married and had a great weekend. :) Chunk is doing ok! Making us crazy but that's what he does!!

Thanks [MENTION=2469]Angievelvet[/MENTION] ... that's a really good option. Hmmmm :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Glad all is well with the boy and you had a great weekend! Happy belated anniversary!

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts