keratin treatment?

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Ok ladies, I just got my hair done yesterday and had the keratin treatment done. Am curious who has had it and how much did you love it? I cant wash my hair till sunday morning so I am anxious to see how my hair reacts once wet. lol. I can say my hair is amazingly straight right now and feels much better than when I normally flat iron.

L

Lucy-licious

Is this a straightening treatment?
I have terribly curly hair and once had mine done...it was 21 years ago mind you, and looked brilliant until I washed it :eek: it was then just a terribly frizzy mess. I had it all cut off and went short :lol:

Now I swear by my GHD's my hair has been silky smooth since I started using them..the only downfall is that now its short again I keep burning my fingers and hands on the damn things :(

Oh by the way :pics:

edited to add that it was ages ago and that it wasn't Keratin, and I'm sure yours will lokk great when you wash it. :)

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Is this a straightening treatment?
I have terribly curly hair and once had mine done...it was 21 years ago mind you, and looked brilliant until I washed it :eek: it was then just a terribly frizzy mess. I had it all cut off and went short :lol:

Now I swear by my GHD's my hair has been silky smooth since I started using them..the only downfall is that now its short again I keep burning my fingers and hands on the damn things :(

Oh by the way :pics:

edited to add that it was ages ago and that it wasn't Keratin, and I'm sure yours will lokk great when you wash it. :)

ghds?!?!!
Yes it is a straightening treatment but not damaging for your hair at all. In fact they say it is actually good for your hair and I guess it does mostly straighten your hair and it lasts anywhere from 3-5 months I believe. My cousin (my hairdresser) says it eventually fades out so there is no line as your hair grows in and even as my curl comes back the frizziness and what makes my hair such a pain will be gone for months. I know it can be expensive and took like 2 hours but dang I am excited to not have to blow dry everyday and still look good and when I do blow dry it will be much easier!

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh and umm.... I have no pics yet sorry. lol. I actually chopped my hair off like 2 1/2 months ago and never remembered to get a pic then even. Was down to my lower back and now is collar bone length.

L

Lucy-licious

Oh and umm.... I have no pics yet sorry. lol. I actually chopped my hair off like 2 1/2 months ago and never remembered to get a pic then even. Was down to my lower back and now is collar bone length.

I have just done the same thing. my hair was shoulder blade length and is now a very short Pixie crop...and I have come to love it. especially since it now only takes me 5 minutes to get it looking good before work rather than 20 minutes straightening then having to put it in a clip or ponytail.

Sorry GHD is a fantastic brand of Straightening Irons that leave the hair poker straight and silky smooth in just one sweep. They are the best and had Chris not bought them me years ago I would never have been happy with my hair :)

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Wow, speaking of pics? I would look awful in hair that short, big round face and all. hahaha I am so jealous of you cute women who can be so lucky. Wish it took 5 minutes to do my hair! Yeah I would die without my chi flat iron also. Expensive but you get what you pay for thats for sure!

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I'm a curly girl too so I've never had it but I did put a keratin conditioner on my hair when it was long and it started shedding a lot and it worked well but I did not care for the way it made my hair feel in the shower.

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
I understand the curly hair dilemma I fight it every day. I was scared away from the brazilian blowout (idk if this is the same thing or not) by a friend who said her hair started to fall out right afterwards ahh. I guess some of them have formaldehyde in them and some people have an adverse reaction. Let me know how you like it. It would make life so much easier especially after the baby comes

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
We all want what we don't have huh?! I have super straight hair, it will NOT hold a curl at all. But I always wanted curly hair, always thought my straight hair was boring LOL

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes we DO want what we dont have. BUT [MENTION=574]TessaAndSamson[/MENTION] your hair is so easy and straight. I know what it is to not have hair hold a curl thats for sure. I dont know how this will work with that cuz she said my hair will still have the fullness that it always had (I have very thick hair), just wont have the frizzy. My hair was barely wavy in high school and it didnt look bad air drying. Amazing what time will do. Now the bottom half of my hair is spiral curls but not pretty. Top is of course straight. lol.

[MENTION=1665]dozersmama[/MENTION] this is the same or seems the same I should say. This is done with the keratin and the other braziallian has the fermaldihyde in it. My cousin doesnt like being around that one (fume-wise) so she does this one at her salon. But I have to use the keratin shampoos and conditioners to maintain it the longest so [MENTION=860]sheshistory[/MENTION] lets hope I dont hate it like you did. My hair is still falling out a little from having Paige so I might not notice anything. lol

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION], I had the treatment done. I loved it, but what I can tell you is it will not last 3-5 months, I would say 2 months tops, but for those two months I loved it!! I have curly-straight hair which equals bushy!! I did still have to use my Chi-flat iron but it only took me about 5 minutes compared to the 25-30 it usually takes. I would definately do it again but I am going to wait til it cools down some, I think it would have lasted much longer if I had not had it done at the end of May then went into 72 days of 100+ degrees here in Florida.

P.S. Thank god I have super thick hair, I did loose alot of hair when I had it done. But that only lasted a couple of weeks.

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Interesting. Well if it only lasts 2 months I probably wont keep it up all the time then. I wanna start adding back some blond in my hair. Stopped getting color for the first time in my life after I had sierra. Now my hair is all natural again so it would be nice to get it back a little bit to where I like it. Maybe do it before summer just cuz thats when I would love to be able to not iron or blow dry. Now I am curious even more to see what happens. I too have thick hair so am not worried about the hair loss but hadnt heard that before today.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 95
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 98

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION], remember I live less than 15 min. to the beach, Very high humidity here. I think that is why it did not last as long as it was suppose to. If you go to my FB page, my profile pic is right after I had it done. Nice and straight!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.