house hunters international on TLC

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
This just blows my mind. Where do all these people come up with the money to buy vacation homes internationally and for thousands of dollars. I TIVO this show because I love to see the different ways people live in the world, but OMG. I just watched one that the family have two small kids and she wants to live in Italy, their vacation home budget.....140,000. Now what about flying there when you want to go and taking time off work to go....It is amazing what people do with their money. One day a family of 6 were looking to purchase a waterfront home in the carribean. Their budget was over 400,000. However their house here was an old farm house and they "lived off the land" I guess that allowed them to save up for a huge vaca home.

Attachments

• Microflora.jpg
    Microflora.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 115

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I watch this show too! And I wonder the same dang thing!! I figured most of it was filmed before the world economy dumped!! I also love it when there are 4 in their family and 3000 square feet is TOO small! :nono: we have a tiny..I mean tiny..vacation place in our local ( 2 hours away) mountains and seems like we NEVER get to spend much time there...of course it was a shack..:rofl: when we bought it!! But now it's a NICE shack!! :lmao:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
i think if they picked a "normal" family it would be RRREEEEEEEEEAAAAAAALLLyyyyyy boring and nobody would watch it!!!! Let's face it we don't have ANY budget!!!!

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I watch too and I am always thinking that...like who goes on vacation somewhere and then says "hmm, I had such a good time, I'm going to buy a house here!" And then does it?

Ah, to be rich.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I love this show! I was drooling when a family shopped around for a vacation home in Costa Rica and they're "budget" was 1Million bucks. They ended up paying cash for a house there. Oh, they were from Texas...owned oil wells or something like that :yes:

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
My budget works like this. Husband gets paid on Friday, money is gone by Saturday morning!:laugh:

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
I like this movie quote from "Warrior":

That's why it's called a budget - we set it and then we don't budge!

But yeah, I watch that show too and I saw that episode where a family of 4 bought a house in Mexico? Or was that the Costa Rica episode? for $1.5Million.

Also saw that episode where this couple uprooted to... Nicaragua?... and they've never been to that place and doesn't even speak the language... they just had a co-worker who owned an apartment there.

And then I saw that episode where this surfer couple in their twenties bought a house in Mexico close to the ocean for surfing saying - "We're living backwards - we retire now and if we have to work when we're in our 60's then we will work. We think we should retire when we are young so we can enjoy our retirement"... LOL!!!

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Wow I don 't know what to say. I though you all had vacation houses like I do. I mean I figured everyone did. Well I tell you what you are welcome to come and stay with me any time.

Here we are in South Carolina. I love the ocean.
IMAG0025.jpg

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Heck Peter and Paul need more brothers to steal from here. lol

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Wow I don 't know what to say. I though you all had vacation houses like I do. I mean I figured everyone did. Well I tell you what you are welcome to come and stay with me any time.

Here we are in South Carolina. I love the ocean.
IMAG0025.jpg

your vacation home is similar to mine! haha
I too love this show and wonder the same thing. Even tho some of the houses are so cheap in comparson to what we get here in cali, to get the money, time etc to use these houses? I am jealous! Someday I can only hope. Really I can only hope. haha

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.