Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Great video, it's sad to see those people loosing their homes.

OP
lexterwayne

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
I know it's been awful here lately.
MY step brother is the park ranger in bastrop and the pics that he has sent and him tellin us about everything is just heart breaking. Several of my ff friends went down to help and they rescued lots of dogs that when the owners evacuated they left them, and what's worse they left them tied up! :( that makes me so mad Grrrrrr....

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
[MENTION=1041]lexterwayne[/MENTION]. How close is this all to you? Very close to my BFF. They lost 27,000 acres by her and a ton of homes (I forget the #). Scares the crap outta me!!! Every time I see you post here or fb, I mean to ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
lexterwayne

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
[MENTION=1081]Chunksmama[/MENTION] i would say we are about 3 and a half hrs or so from there. And we are a Hr west of the possum kingdom lake fires that happened a month or so ago. Have they actually lost anything or just really close? I'm so glad these two artists came together an made the song/video and how they sat up the donation site as well!

Last edited:

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank goodness they haven't lost anything ... but friends did ... They live in Magnolia, northwest of Houston. I don't know the areas that were actually hit. I do know at some point it was less than 20 miles from them and there was a voluntary evacuation! Also, a large part of the area where my bff trains for the bike portion of her triathalons was destroyed. :( It's all so sad.

OP
lexterwayne

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
Heck ya that good to hear! Did they get any rain today? Parts of tx sure got lots of it :)

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
oh my, why would they leave their dogs!? I would sleep in the car if thats the only place stig can stay. :nope:

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=1041]lexterwayne[/MENTION] yes they did!!! Idk if it was enough of what they needed but I know they were very happy. When they were explaining the conditions of the drought I was amazed. Such as big old trees dying and falling over, taking down power lines which caused fires. Unbelievable. I have never experienced anything like that!!

[MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION]. Unfortunately a lot of people leave pets behind in natural disaster situations. :(. Most shelters don't take pets and very few motels/hotels. You would think people would at least take them and take turns hanging with them in the car at the least!!! A lot of the reason there was such devastation in New Orleans is because people wouldn't leave their pets. :(. During our recent hurricane, we packed up and went inland to my Gramma's house. Had the conditions gotten worse by her, our action plan was a hotel for the rest of my family(my dad had the rooms reserved) and I would take the dogs with me to my work. (I work in the court in my town which is in the same building as the police. It's by no means a shelter but the only safe place for me and the doggies!). I truly think in times of natural disaster, all hotels/motels/shelter should he required to take pets (within reason - with crates, not running amuck etc.). I understand both sides of it, just so sad at the lack of options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.