Need help from the men of the forum...

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Our first wedding anniversary is Sunday. What do I get my husband?!?! I thought about sports tickets and things of such but that's so ... Idk birthday/Christmas. I feel like it should mean something in regards to us. Or am I thinking too girlish???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I'm not a guy... but I think the sports tix are a good idea

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
If he's a big sports fan I don't see why that wouldn't be a bad idea and if u wait for Christmas football will soon be over by then :(

Or y'all could go do a couples massage.... O wait u can't have a massage till after ur first trimester :(.. Hmmm

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
CONGRATS ON YOUR FIRST ANNIVERSARY!

We're celebrating our 14th in 2 weeks... and what I've learned in 14 years is my husband's number 1 item on his anniversary gift list is sex and lots of it. LOL. He could care less for fancy dinner, sports tix (although he's a major sports fan) or any of the sort - if compared to special intimate time. He swears every man wants the same thing. :D

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=1041]lexterwayne[/MENTION] ... I'm 20 weeks!!! So that would be okay! LOL We find out tomorrow what we are having!

[MENTION=2874]anatess[/MENTION] ... you have a very valid point. We are going away for the weekend, so that may work in his favor! LOL. I was gonna take him ziplining (since we did it for the first time on our honeymoon) but I'm sure it's not a good idea pregnant and he says it wouldn't be fun by himself (glad he said that 'cause I really wanna go!!!).

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy

We're celebrating our 14th in 2 weeks... and what I've learned in 14 years is my husband's number 1 item on his anniversary gift list is sex and lots of it. LOL. He could care less for fancy dinner, sports tix (although he's a major sports fan) or any of the sort - if compared to special intimate time. He swears every man wants the same thing. :D

Your hubby would be right!!!!!!!!

Forget the tickets; Opt for the negligee :D:D:D:D:D:D

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
I couldn't remember how far along u were.... Yay u better let us know Tom what y'all are having!!!

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
Depending on what your husband is into,
here are a couple of other ideas (negligee was a good one )
  • Something for his collection of ___fill in the blank___
  • a Chrome part for his Harley
  • New shot glasses for the bar
  • A dart game for the bar
  • a body trimmer for a close shave of those hairy areas!
  • a pet transporter for his car so that whenever he takes his best friend to the park there wont be hair stuck on the car's upholstery,door panels, roof lining, etc..,
  • a Gift card from one of those "old time barber shops" where he can get a straight edge shave with Hot towels and the works ...!
Happy Anniversary..!

PS : whatever you get, he will like it...

Last edited:
OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Depending on what your husband is into,
here are a couple of other ideas (negligee was a good one )
  • Something for his collection of ___fill in the blank___
  • a Chrome part for his Harley
  • New shot glasses for the bar
  • A dart game for the bar
  • a body trimmer for a close shave of those hairy areas!
  • a pet transporter for his car so that whenever he takes his best friend to the park there wont be hair stuck on the car's upholstery,door panels, roof lining, etc..,
  • a Gift card from one of those "old time barber shops" where he can get a straight edge shave with Hot towels and the works ...!
Happy Anniversary..!

PS : whatever you get, he will like it...

Thanks for all those great ideas!!!

And [MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION] ... I guess this is where my part-time job at Victoria's Secret comes in handy, huh?! :lol:

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh and [MENTION=1041]lexterwayne[/MENTION] I will!!! It'll be on FB too. "Finally" as my brother keeps saying. LOL

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
Some of my most memorable received gifts were concert tickets and a charter fishing trip

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
The hardest part is that his fav teams are far away - Raider and Notre Dame for football. I could get him Yanks tickets, but he's done that many times. He would love to go on a charter fishing trip but he gets sea sick. :( I used to have contacts in IN when I sold RVs but even that is difficult now. Oy! Maybe I'll see if either football team is playing somewhere close to us. Thanks everybody!!!

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?

Hello,
A man here. We've been married for 24 years now. So....here's my take on things.
Sex is not a reward. Sex is not earned. Sex is not a punishment.

Psychologically, men do think about sex far more often than women. Studies have shown (no evidence, just self-reported answers) that many times a day does a man think about sex. Oh I bet there are women that would say otherwise or challenge that notion.

Now, my answer about the anniversary question would be to celebrate together. If YOU like football and enjoy going, then tickets would be good. What is it that BOTH of you enjoy doing together. The anniversary is about the two of you, not just him. This should be more about the celebration of the two of you and a reminder of your commitment to each other.

One year is the first milestone, but each and every day, week, month and year HAS to be a commitment. Yes, it IS important to work at it.
And then you reach number 24 or more.
Oh and yes, the sex on the anniversary is STILL always good, enjoyable...and any other time as well.

Good Day~
Dr. Barry

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
[MENTION=1081]Chunksmama[/MENTION] hehe I didn't know u where pregnant hehe can't wait to hear what ur having ;) sorry I have no answer I always just try a sappy card and make a food dinner

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online