Need help from the men of the forum...

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
[MENTION=1081]Chunksmama[/MENTION] ya I havent seen u post anything about it yet so have been very careful not to say anything lol... O if u wanna get jeff some yanks tickets he would love u forever haha he's a die hard yankee fan!

Tickets would be cool I'm sure there is somewhere close to y'all that they will be playing at. And it's ok if the games not till dec cause then he'll be looking foward to it for a while :)

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Hello,
A man here. We've been married for 24 years now. So....here's my take on things.
Sex is not a reward. Sex is not earned. Sex is not a punishment.

Psychologically, men do think about sex far more often than women. Studies have shown (no evidence, just self-reported answers) that many times a day does a man think about sex. Oh I bet there are women that would say otherwise or challenge that notion.

Now, my answer about the anniversary question would be to celebrate together. If YOU like football and enjoy going, then tickets would be good. What is it that BOTH of you enjoy doing together. The anniversary is about the two of you, not just him. This should be more about the celebration of the two of you and a reminder of your commitment to each other.

One year is the first milestone, but each and every day, week, month and year HAS to be a commitment. Yes, it IS important to work at it.
And then you reach number 24 or more.
Oh and yes, the sex on the anniversary is STILL always good, enjoyable...and any other time as well.

Good Day~
Dr. Barry

I agree with you 100%!!! We are going away overnight to just have some special time together - and will eat our cake from the wedding as tradition goes. I wanted to do some other things that were reminiscent of our wedding/honeymoon but we are limited since I'm pregnant. So just enjoying each other may be our greatest gift. I guess I'm the type of person who still likes to give an actual gift too ...

Well, thanks so much for the advice! It was a wonderful help and re-confirmed a lot of my feelings. :)

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Hello,
A man here. We've been married for 24 years now. So....here's my take on things.

Psychologically, men do think about sex far more often than women. Studies have shown (no evidence, just self-reported answers) that many times a day does a man think about sex. Oh I bet there are women that would say otherwise or challenge that notion.

Now, my answer about the anniversary question would be to celebrate together. If YOU like football and enjoy going, then tickets would be good. What is it that BOTH of you enjoy doing together. The anniversary is about the two of you, not just him. This should be more about the celebration of the two of you and a reminder of your commitment to each other.

One year is the first milestone, but each and every day, week, month and year HAS to be a commitment. Yes, it IS important to work at it.
And then you reach number 24 or more.
Oh and yes, the sex on the anniversary is STILL always good, enjoyable...and any other time as well.

Good Day~
Dr. Barry

This is super duper true!!! I want to add too though - sex is not an obligation. :D

But, there's everyday sex and then there's anniversary sex. w00t-e-w00t!

:D

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Good point there too [MENTION=2874]anatess[/MENTION]!

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
[MENTION=1081]Chunksmama[/MENTION] do u know if chunk is going to have a brother or sister?

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
okay, the first anniversary gift should be Paper, so tickets to a game would work, a bulldog puppy would too.:excited:

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes! A brother :) :) :) We found out on Tuesday ... I told my husband that is his anniversary gift since that's all he wanted!!! His "little girl" is 13 so he's happy now that he's getting his little boy. :)

mbuxx

Mar 26, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Wait I just wanted to clarify something . My wife is 10 weeks pregnant and I just got her a massage . It says it was a post/pre natal massage for all trimesters ? Is something wrong here ?

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2106]mbuxx[/MENTION] ... something wrong how??? That's a WONDERFUL thing.

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2106]mbuxx[/MENTION] Ohhh. I've been told it's up to the masseuse ... they will know what's best. :) Did she go for it already?

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
the only thing you need to be careful of with a massage during pregnancy is that rubbing and massaging the feet can cause contractions later in the pregnancy. It is one of those pressure point things. I had a baby shower once and since it was her second girl she didn't need any baby stuff, so it was a baby shower in honor of HER pregnancy. We got her pampering gifts for after the baby and I had a massuese there. I told her to massage her feet while she sat in a recliner during the shower games and she refused the feet because of this, so Momma got a neck and shoulder rub.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
[MENTION=2106]mbuxx[/MENTION].. My daughter got massages during her pregnancies ..and did just fine! If it's for preggos..no worries..AND she will love it! Good job!

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
I was saying a lot of massage therapists won't touch a pregnant woman in her first trimester since it's such a crucial time.

Cancer patients that aren't terminal can't get massages cause you can actually spread the bacteria throughout the rest of your body.
And if u are sick and get a massage you have a higher chance of getting worse.

Now massages during the 2nd and 3rd trimester is very relaxing for the woman. I would get a lot of girls that were almost due or past due that just wanted their swollen feet and legs rubbed. Now that u rub upwards towards the body and that way the swelling will/can go down in the feet and the fluid would be released from using the bathroom and drinking water to flush out the toxins. You can rub pregnant womens feet but u can't use a lot of pressure jut light rubbing.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.