cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I've been hearing on the news about this outage too. Hopefully it'll get resolved tonight but heard some report that may not be repaired til tomorrow :(
I was just down in South OC yesterday too. Oh, also heard parts of Arizona are affected?!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Yes! I heard it goes into Arizona..and Mexico..and the power company has NO idea what caused it! I always worry about sabotage..we are so vulnerable to any infrastructure stuff!

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
The FBI says it's not terror related. I agree that we are very vulnerable. I always worry about dams, probably becuase I go to the lake quite a bit.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
The FBI says it's not terror related. I agree that we are very vulnerable. I always worry about dams, probably becuase I go to the lake quite a bit.
Yes! And we have a dam straight up the canyon from us..my husband assures me we are high enough not to worry...but we DO live in earthquake country!

boomsboo

Boomsboozed
Community Veteran
Sep 6, 2011
Southern California
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank (11/3/09 - 8/4/17), Max (Became Part of the Family 8/17/17
My dad and grandma live out there. I can't get ahold of them but I heard they are going to try to fix it by tomorrow night.. It sounds real fishy how close it is to September 11th and all... I guess it started in Arizona and connected to California

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Power's back on I just heard. Looks like one of the employees is responsible and had an oopsie moment.

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION], Fires and dams have me more concerned than power, not to mention the pipeline. Easy targets in remote places. It'll happen again unfortunatey, I really believe that - just a matter of time.

I had my share of earthquakes growing up there, you can keep them. If I want to feel the ground move beneath my feet it'll be me that's making it move. :D

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.