JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Well we had a fantastic time over the Labor Day weekend. Left late Wednesday night and returned late yesterday afternoon. I only managed to snap a few pictures. Two sets of our good friends joined us camping with their kids and they also had boats - even saw a modern day Pirate ship in one of the big no wake coves on Saturday, too funny!!! Wish I would have gotten a picture of all of us anchored in on Sunday too. Food was wonderful and drinks were plenty, as were the smores. Up until yesterday when were in the very final stages of getting ready to leave all was good. First, I thought Mike had all the dogs to get in the truck but didn't notice that Ace (our old guy who turned 13 this weekend) was still in the camper sleeping at the food of the bed. I proceeded to close the slides. The bedroom slide is first to open and close and the mattress on that slide buts up to the dresser with no wiggle room. Kitchen slide is next. Then I hear a YELP!!! I'm like is the dog locked in the bathroom? To my horror I saw half of Ace's head and his ears wedge between the mattress and dresser. Got the slides back out and thanks God he was ok (how I don't know). I still feel pretty bad about that, he's my Mr. Snugglebuns.

Now the fun really began. After 11 years we (the hubby) have never had an error in hooking up the 5 wheel to the slider hitch in the bed of the truck, or anything. The 5 wheel was locked into the hitch (so the hubby thought) and we were ready to pull out. WHEN it happen, CRUNCH!!!!! 4000 lbs of the front end of the 5 wheel slide off the hitch and onto the bed of the truck. We both just sat in the truck speechless for a moment. Mike had put the pin in that locks the bar from letting the hitch release, but....he did it before the hitch was fully locked in. I think the total weight of our unit is 15,000 lbs, it's 36'. You normally shouldn't even be able to do that but this hitch is different. So basically the pin was in before the 5 wheel hitch and the truck hitch were fully engaged and locked in. Everything's fully insured of course but man it sure put a damper to the best weekend we've had all year. Oh well it is what it is and we can't cry over split milk.

Here's the few pictures I didn't manage to take :).

Wilson trying to get up front in the truck.
LaborDay201113.jpg

Wilson taking a 30 second nap.
LaborDay201122.jpg

Jack and Mike getting ready to go to shore.
LaborDay201111.jpg

Jack tuckered out.
LaborDay201121.jpg

Ace being sequestered, lol.
LaborDay201129.jpg

Pirates - too funny (they were launching water balloons and had super soakers)
LaborDay201130.jpg

Pirates
LaborDay201137.jpg

Pirates
LaborDay201140.jpg

Truck damage
LaborDay201147.jpg

Truck
LaborDay20112.jpg

5 wheel sitting on bed
LaborDay201145.jpg

Tailgate is totalled
LaborDay20117.jpg

More
LaborDay20111.jpg

Last edited:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:ohmy: :eek: Im so sorry for the "mishap" with the trailer and truck..jeez...BUT I so love the doggie picsI can't believe how huuuuge Wilson is! All in all...you had a great time and got home safe..AND you have insurance. :whew:.. Pirates are just too funny!!

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@JAKEISGREAT , Wilson's has really gotten big - I don't really notice it but others do. One of the girls (she's 4) said to Mike, "where's the Old Dog," "where's Jack," and then...... :lol:, "where's the FAT dog." Too funny. The pirates were so funny.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I should send you our water balloon slingshot so you can defend yourselves against the evil pirates. :laugh:

Poor baby getting squished in the camper...:(
I think Mike was about ready for a new truck anyway..... maybe a bigger truck AND bigger camper... what ya think? :D:D:D:D:D

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Jeannie, sounds like a fun, fun time on the lake. Now you have me craving s'mores! Sorry for the mishap with the truck at the end tho. But overall, glad you had a great time. And yes, Wilson is a big boy! Great photos!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Oh gosh! Sounds like everything leading up to the mishaps was great! How much will the damage cost to fix (if you don't mind me asking). Crazy!

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Poor baby getting squished in the camper...:(
I think Mike was about ready for a new truck anyway..... maybe a bigger truck AND bigger camper... what ya think? :D:D:D:D:D
Shuuuuu bite your tongue, it's already on the rader in about 3 years, once we get a bill paid. His truck can't get any bigger, it's already running semi tires on 22" rims, is a dually, and has a 6" lift :p. Ace was very lucky and he seems perfectly fine now thank goodness.

Here's his truck :D. http://www.8-lug.com/features/ford/0807_8l_2003_ford_f250_dualie/index.html

Now you have me craving s'mores!
I really like to skip the graham cracker and stuff a piece of chocolate in the marshmellow and then roast it, yum. We call them Chocomellows :D.

Oh gosh! Sounds like everything leading up to the mishaps was great! How much will the damage cost to fix (if you don't mind me asking). Crazy!
It was the best overall weekend we've had in a couple of years, it was just awesome until the mishaps but we didn't let it ruin the fun that was had. We're guessing $4000 for the truck and $1000 for the camper, that's probably on the high side though. Mike's truck is pretty customized (it's his line of work) and the damage ruined one side of the bed, a customized railing that went over the bed to cover the bed and then the tailgate of course which is about $1200 alone, not painted to match the truck. I was most impressed with how my husband didn't lose it when it happened stayed calm.

Last edited:

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
What did Mr. Wilsons shirt say on the second picture? Just curious. Love the pirates!! Sorry to hear about the damage but like you said, "Can't cry over spilt milk." The pictures were fun. I love your dogs!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Glad you had such a great time before the mishaps. Wilson is looking super!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
That's a pretty impressive truck. ..... needs a blower! lol

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=1760]Fontanafox[/MENTION], his shirt says, "I'm easy to get along with once everyone learns to worship me.". Bigot it at petco in their clearance bin for two bucks. :D. [MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION], he's done quite a bit more to it in the last 3 years. He and his partner split shortly after that writeup, different goals. It has a hood scoop on it now and air brakes. It also has a true semi horn :lol:. His truck is his pride and joy. [MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION], thanks on wilson, he a cutie but OMG is he STUBBORN!!!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
He isn't stubborn, you just haven't learned to worship him yet!

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
Looks like y'all had a great time I keep tellin jeff we should get a 5th wheel or something so we don't have to worry about not takin our babies :(... But first he wants a boat lol. When I was growin up u barrel raced so I pulled a 3 horse slant w living quarters trailer. I had a system to hookin and unhooking the trailer. Well my mom was outside one day, gripin at me for something who knows what cause she always gripped about something, she probably didn't like how I had backed the trailer up who knows w her. Anyways I was doin my thing unhookin go underneath nose and get in to pull out annnnddddd let's just say it took3 grown men to get the tailgate off the truck!!!! Yup I didn't put the tailgate down. Now when I go underneath nose to get in truck I always lifted it enough to get through and I let it down on the other side " my way of knowin it was down" well while she was grippin I wasn't thinkin and just shut it cause I was mad and ready to get in truck so u didn't have to listen to her lol. Yup I still blame her to this day about that.. And of course after it happened she starts on me again....ugh DAAAADDDD!!!!!!

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@lexterwayne , oh man then you can relate. Have you ever heard of Dan Keen, he was a team roper back in the day and lived in Hempstead, TX (he's related to Robert Earl Keen). He was a 'cowboy' friend of mine long ago. :)

Tell your hubby first comes 5th wheel then comes boat, you need somewhere to stay with the bullies!

Last edited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online