First day of school.....

Alicia M Kouw

Aug 15, 2011
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey and Louie
So today is the first day of school for my boys...it also just happens to to be the first day of a NEW school and them riding the bus :( I am a nervous wreck even teared up as the bus with my third and second grader on drove off...the last four years I have driven them to school and picked them up everyday!! AHHHH I am going crazy worring about them getting there and back home! But that is not even the hardest part...in three hours I have to go back up to the bus stop and put my BABY on the bus for his first day of Kindergarten...I am going to break down as soon as he gets on that bus, actually tearing up just thinking of it.
Not only is it hard on my but my bullies are SO not used to this, when I got up this morning at 6:45 and didn't put them back to bed they walked around and looked at me like MOM why the heck aren't we going back to bed? Now they are snoring away on the giant bean bag, because all summer long we stayed in bed til 10 ohhh boy adjustments all around!!!
Hope all of you that have kids in school have a great day!!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I remember taking the bus to school every day. We had FUN on the bus . I don't know how those bus drivers stand it... LOL Don't worry about them... they have fun on the bus!. About the sleeping in til 10........... MUST BE NICE!!!!!!!! ;)

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
I'm sure they're fine. I remember one year my daughter said her bus ride was too short. LOL!! I hate when they go back altogether. I'm already looking for their first day off..;)

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
Time goes by so quickly....
I remember that same scenario with me not too long ago.... ( except sleeping til 10am:D)

My kids are now in 12th and 8th grades.! Later this year, the one in 12th will probably DRIVE his sister to class.!:begging:

Enjoy them while they're young... Like Darius Rucker's song says... "It wont be like this for long" ...!

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Whoa! We've been in school for 2 weeks! This is our 3rd week now. We have a longer school year than other states because of "weather days". We get extra days off in the middle of the year to account for hurricanes and such.

And yeah, kids love the bus - well, unless they have a bully (the kid version) in the bus then it can be very stressful. My house is exactly 2 miles from the school so we don't get bus service - bus is only for houses over 2 miles away from school. So, we would sometimes go to the bus stop a mile away so they can ride the bus to school.

Yeah, the dogs worry about the kids too - and they would get so restless on the first day of school looking for the kids. But, it only took my dogs a day to adjust. I guess they realize that the kids come home (they didn't just disappear) so they settle down. It's week 3 and I still haven't settled down. :( The house is too quiet without the rambunctious kids.

OP
Alicia M Kouw

Alicia M Kouw

Aug 15, 2011
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey and Louie
I totally broke down the minute I put my baby on the bus this afternoon, I came home and but the bullies out and miss Zoey was looking all over for him :( We came back inside and Isat on the bean bag with her crying... doing ok now I guess but I am LOST too....Thanks everyone for the support :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online