I am so sad!!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
My vet, who you all have heard me talk about many times and I love his guts out, RETIRED and sold his business!!!!! I know he was probably around 70, but this is the ONLY vet Vegas has ever been too and he knew Vegas so well! We seen him every 4-5 weeks for internal gland expression and allergy shots for over 2 years now.

How do I know this? I had to find out through my son who took his dog in yesterday for some sort of bite from a bug that swelled. A new lady vet worked with my son and told him that Our normal vet retired and sold his business to her. SHE has doubled the prices it cost my son $80.00 to get a shot and the big bump drained.

I can not believe Doc. did not inform all of his patients before just walking out the door on us. Now I have to find a new vet, or at least check the new one out since she has all Vegas's records. This is a sad day for me and Vegas!!

Last edited:

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Oh no, it is so very hard to find a great vet. It took me over 12 years. I finally got smart and started "interviewing" my possible vets. They, to me, have a tendecy to take advantage with people who love their pets by overcharging for anything.
Good luck in finding another.

L

Lucy-licious

Oh No!! Good vets are few and far between. I hope the new vet works out, if not then I hope you find a great one soon.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Bummer, good vets are hard to find, good luck with your search.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Gosh, that IS sad. I hope nothing happened to him health-wise that made him do it so quickly....

At any rate, go meet the new chick and if you don't like her, start shopping. There is a fantastic guy up in St. Pete but he might be a bit far. They are actually a full service ER place but they are AWESOME.

You will find someone you like (and Vegas likes). Don't worry :)

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
It's possible he figured since he wasn't leaving everyone high and dry that just selling to another vet was enough. You talked about how inexpensive he was, so it's not sup rising she raised the prices either. But a little warning about that should be in order.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
that totally sucks... I'm hoping that by the time I move there you will have found a really good vet that you can recommend for the boys! I still think that he should have sent out a letter to his clients that he was no longer in the practice and introduced the new vet.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Wow, that's awful...I wonder if it was some kind of medical or personal problem that caused a quick decision but still, selling a vet business isn't something you do overnight and certainly a written notice would be in order. That said, this just happened to me at my dentist. I LOVE my dentist and came in to my monthly check up to find a woman, who looked about 19, drilling cavities. I asked where my dentist was and they said "is no longer with the practice" but in order to maintain their clientele, I think they just didn't say anything!

Anyway, so I know how ya feel Vegas!

VoicesInMyHead

Jul 15, 2011
Phx, Az
Bulldog(s) Names
Arwen Undomiel
Don't let the records thing be a factor... she's going to get just as much out of them, as any other vet. Definitely take a look around and find a great bully vet.

Plus, doubling prices right off the bat, rather than increasing over a short time, tells me it's about money for her and not pet care or patient retention. Just my
twocents.gif

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.