advice for recent RN grad?

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I still have Ryan's text message saved in my phone from his first day of nursing classes.. its says " I don't know about this mom "... its a tough study but so worth it!! I wish him the best of luck!

That is so sweet! What a good boy you have :)

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
I forgot to mention, a few of my cousins work at doctor's offices. They have cushy jobs - 8-5, M-F in small offices that doesn't require them to walk too much.

And my high school classmate runs his own business - he provides human resource service for nursing homes and rehabilitation centers. So, he's a nurse who hires nurses... he reviews their qualifications, takes care of their payroll, benefits, W2's, etc... well, not actually him, but his office. He has been doing it for 10 years, so he has office managers now that do it for him. He just takes care of the client contracts - checking to make sure everybody is happy, and looking for new clients.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
[MENTION=2091]BabyDuke[/MENTION], congratulations on your son Ryan's accomplishment!
Has he applied or looked into positions within the US Fed Gov't? I work for the Dept. of Vets and I know they are looking for RN's in all areas. Maybe take a look at their website b/c they post openings online. I cannot give you the link but if you Google, "USA Jobs Federal Government", you will find the link. All the best to your son!

OP
BabyDuke

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
@BabyDuke , congratulations on your son Ryan's accomplishment!
Has he applied or looked into positions within the US Fed Gov't? I work for the Dept. of Vets and I know they are looking for RN's in all areas. Maybe take a look at their website b/c they post openings online. I cannot give you the link but if you Google, "USA Jobs Federal Government", you will find the link. All the best to your son!

fantastic.. thanks for the tip! :)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I have a friend that is with an agency too and she travels to "fill in" she loves it!My son just left for school and he also wants to be a RN. He received a full-ride band scholarship to Mississippi :). I think it is VERY cool!
:bravo: good job! Can I see him at games when Mississippi kicks Floridas rear end..so to speak? :biglaugh:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I have a friend that is with an agency too and she travels to "fill in" she loves it!

My son just left for school and he also wants to be a RN. He received a full-ride band scholarship to Mississippi :). I think it is VERY cool!

That's so awesome! Does he play the drums? He has the hair for it. Either that or the trumpet. :D

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Congratulations to him!!! Tell him to keep trying .. there is a job out there with his name on it. I believe alot in fate!!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
That's so awesome! Does he play the drums? He has the hair for it. Either that or the trumpet. :D

Yes, he is trumpet but it isn't the one on my FB. The one on my facebook is a tuba guy and also has played bass (guitar) for many years and is amazing. He is looking for a band :)

OP
BabyDuke

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
Hi everyone just wanted to update - Ryan was able to get a great job at a local skilled nursing home ( 176 bed facility ) and he passed all his testing and pre-employment physical! they offered him a great package! he starts Monday ! the bigger hospitals all want a years experience so this is a fantastic way for him to get that for his resume but to be honest the pay is more than the other hospital he applied at ! we are super thrilled for him! We are taking him out " scrub" shopping Saturday and now I can have my remote back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:laugh:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
WOW.... what great news. Skilled care nursing homes can be quite the challenge. I worked at a huge one here in Milwaukee and it was more like a hospital than a nursing home. I did the purchasing and ran the Central Supply but also had a lot of resident contact. He will get excellent experience there. Good for him!! :)

OP
BabyDuke

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
WOW.... what great news. Skilled care nursing homes can be quite the challenge. I worked at a huge one here in Milwaukee and it was more like a hospital than a nursing home. I did the purchasing and ran the Central Supply but also had a lot of resident contact. He will get excellent experience there. Good for him!! :)

thanks so much!! it is REALLY tough right now for the new RN grad.. he is very fortunate to have this opportunity! :D

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.