advice for recent RN grad?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Hi everyone just wanted to update - Ryan was able to get a great job at a local skilled nursing home ( 176 bed facility ) and he passed all his testing and pre-employment physical! they offered him a great package! he starts Monday ! the bigger hospitals all want a years experience so this is a fantastic way for him to get that for his resume but to be honest the pay is more than the other hospital he applied at ! we are super thrilled for him! We are taking him out " scrub" shopping Saturday and now I can have my remote back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh:
:yes:.. I've been waiting for Ocober 24th!! Ummmm..not as much as YOU..I'm certain! Then you can just "hang around" again!! :ROFL:

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Yeay! Congrats!!! Nursing homes give great experience opportunity... it might be a permanent thing for him if he likes it. Not too hectic but also challenging.

LucysMum

Mar 26, 2011
S. New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
thanks so much!! it is REALLY tough right now for the new RN grad.. he is very fortunate to have this opportunity! :D

Congratulations to Ryan! It is so tough out there with the job market. I feel bad for kids just getting out of college--it is brutal out there. Heck, the kid who cuts my lawn is a recent college grad---a civil engineer. I think he is a bit overqualified!!

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
I am a BSN and would tell you, as you see, very rough out there even for us. Look for hospitals that have intern or new grad programs. And just a thought, how about the nurse corps for the experience (and a nice little bonus) and then he will not only have experience but be a veteran, which opens up the VA. I am so thankful I work at the VA at this time.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Congratulations .. I think it will be a long time before we see any real evidence of an upswing in the economy and in the job market. So very well done that he got such a good position when I am sure that there would have been a lot of competition for the same job!!! :bravo:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Congrats to Ryan. I hope he loves the job!

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
Just saw this thread, i'm from pittsburgh and worked as a researcher at Pitt/UPMC when i was in grad school a few years ago. All the hospitals in pittsburgh were looking for nurses constantly. Also, hubby grew up near Dubois, PA, large area hospital that serves many small western PA towns. they, too, are hiring nurses, especially since those that live around there have some trouble passing the boards. hope he likes his new job though, looking for work is exhausting.

OP
BabyDuke

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
update [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION]....my son Ryan got the job at Pennsylvania hospital.. thank you all so much for your suggestions and support.. Jakeisgreat always checking in and 2bullymama you ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you were the one who told me to tell him to put his application in here! they are one of the top hospitals in the US and we are just overwhelmed with pride and so happy for Ryan!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:lmao:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
update @2BullyMama and @JAKEISGREAT ....my son Ryan got the job at Pennsylvania hospital.. thank you all so much for your suggestions and support.. Jakeisgreat always checking in and 2bullymama you ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you were the one who told me to tell him to put his application in here! they are one of the top hospitals in the US and we are just overwhelmed with pride and so happy for Ryan!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:lmao:

OMG.... OMG.... OMG..... GIVE HIM A big hig for me!! Kathleen will be beyond THRILLED!! So, So happy for you and him. Tell him congrats and best of luck. I am happy and crying at the sametime!!!!!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
update @2BullyMama and @JAKEISGREAT ....my son Ryan got the job at Pennsylvania hospital.. thank you all so much for your suggestions and support.. Jakeisgreat always checking in and 2bullymama you ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you were the one who told me to tell him to put his application in here! they are one of the top hospitals in the US and we are just overwhelmed with pride and so happy for Ryan!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:lmao:

:jumping: :jumping: :jumping: :jumping: :jumping: :jumping: :jumping: :jumping:

​Karen..This is the best news I've had in a lonnnnng time. I feel like its happened in MY own family!! You must be so proud and Ryan must be walking on air!! You GO Ryan!
And Christine...you DO rock! :up:

[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]. :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2091]BabyDuke[/MENTION]

This is so freakin' awesome.... isn't it!!! AHAHAHAHAHAhAhAHAHAHAHAHA

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.