But wait! You'll get a bonus second set for free! - As Seen on TV

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Okay, admit it, you bought some gadget off the TV.

I got the Miracle Blade III (I love it), the Aquaglobes (I love it too but not good for orchids regardless of the picture), Snuggie (got 2 of them), the Topsy Turvy tomato planter (which worked until the squirrels ripped the cloth), the Hip Hop Abs DVD set (love it - that guy's gotta be on some kind of happy juice).

I got the Set-it-and-forgot-it that I forgot immediately after one use... I got the Minimax (exercise machine that I used for 3 days and never touched again), the "I can't remember the name of that painter-roller thingee where you put the paint in the stick of the roller" that I used for 3 minutes because when you put the paint in the stick it becomes so heavy that my wrists can't handle more than 3 minutes of painting...

Right now, I'm looking at the TV and it is playing Chefdini. Looks really cool... but, yeah, it says it can make salsa in 5 seconds... and of course, they forget to mention that you first have to chop all these veggies before you put them in the Chefdini... so, as I'm such an idiot in the kitchen, it will probably take me an hour to chop the stuff, then 5 seconds to twirl in the Chefdini.

So, how about you guys? Do you buy stuff off the TV? :D

L

Lucy-licious

To be honest! NO!! I am too sceptical to think they do what the advert says. I mean Magic Sponge?? cleans everything in one wipe....crayon off walls, grease from ovens, the barbeque? No Way!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I don't buy off the TV ads either. I would rather buy from a store so I can touch and feel it first.

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
I don't watch tv too much. I have a few things tivo'd that I watch on occasion, but that's about it.

OP
anatess

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
WHAT???? How can you resist the Hip Hop Abs by Shaun T! And the George Foreman Grill! And the Ped-Egg and the Heel-tastic (oh, I forgot to mention, I bought those too, lol)... and the velcro thing that changes the length of your pants so you can wear high heels and low heels with the same pair?

I mean... especially when they're only 1 payment of $9.99... but wait! If you call in the next 5 minutes, you can get the Shark steamer for free!

:D

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
yeah I've bought the bottle toppers that turn your can of soda into a bottle that has a cap on it! Other than that, no. And those do work by the way!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I bought the ped-egg...like it. I also bought the ShamWOW! lol. Yes, that works too! But honestly, I am pretty skeptical myself so usually I just like to laugh at whichever spokesperson happens to be selling it. lol

OP
anatess

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
yeah I've bought the bottle toppers that turn your can of soda into a bottle that has a cap on it! Other than that, no. And those do work by the way!

I almost bought one of those!

I also bought Smooth Away - that thing you just "wipe" to your legs to shave. That was crap. Didn't work. It actually "sands" your hair off your skin which makes the area super sore and there are still some hair left!

OP
anatess

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
I bought the ped-egg...like it. I also bought the ShamWOW! lol. Yes, that works too! But honestly, I am pretty skeptical myself so usually I just like to laugh at whichever spokesperson happens to be selling it. lol

Oh yeah. I bought one of those too! My husband uses it for drying the car. I actually bought it after that spokesperson guy got arrested for beating up a prostitute or something...

Yeah, my husband just asked me after I asked him if I can buy the Chefdini... "Do I need to put parental controls on your TV?". LOL! I actually don't watch much TV. I keep it on while I work because - working from home all by your lonesome gets me cabin fever if I don't hear "chatter" in the background. And infomercial channels are very "chattery". :D

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=2874]anatess[/MENTION], the town I used to live in actually had a store called "As seen on TV" the whole store was full of informercial items. You would have loved it!! I have never bought off TV, although the commercials intrigue me. Our Walgreens has a section as seen on Tv items as well. I did buy the ped-egg and loved it, but did it to much and had a very sore foot for a few days. LOL

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION]...I don't care what anyone says, walking the beach does not take care of callouses! lol. It actually makes mine worse so I have to say the ped egg works for me :).

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
We have an as seen on TV store at the mall. Bruce bought a metal wallet lately. I think he likes it, but it doesn't hold as much as his old soft side did, so that took some clearing out. I have a ped egg and like it. Ceramic knife, was OK till it came up missing?? The veggie peeler that came with it is great for peeling cucumbers. The other turbo peelers aren't so great. They have a few other kitchen gadgets I'd like to try but haven't seen my way clear to spend the $.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
[MENTION=2874]anatess[/MENTION]...... You need the "Slap Chopper" to chop up all those veggies! We always stop into that As Seen on TV store when we go to the mall. .... that and the Apple store, my two fans. LOL ;)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online