Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What do you do for work?

heff101

Default Re: What do you do for work?

Quote Originally Posted by GatorRay View Post
    How cool is this thread!!!

I am an Administrative Assistant at a Montessori school. We have children from 18months through 8th grade. Last year I was the Office Manager but they did this whole restructuring of administration thing so I got a lower title for the same job (but not less pay). lol.

My second job is being the mom of 6. Skinkids that is . Two of them are off to college, two of them are in HS and then I have an 8yo and 6yo.

My hubby is a Chief in the Navy. We did 8 years strait of sea time and now we were SUPPOSED to be taking it easy on recruiting duty....yeah right! I see him even less now! lol
    My relative runs a Montessori school where I live.

heff101

I am from Canada.
    I hated school and never pursued any further education beyond high school.
    I farmed with my parents for several years and got tired of the family fighting so I opened my own retail business in 1994.
    I still run the business and work at it 6 days a week.
    Technically I have become a slave to it.
    I enjoy it but after 17 years it has become a "job" and no longer a challenge.
    I now have the business up for sale and looking at moving to another province afterwards and taking on something new and challenging.

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by heff101 View Post
    I am from Canada.
    I hated school and never pursued any further education beyond high school.
    I farmed with my parents for several years and got tired of the family fighting so I opened my own retail business in 1994.
    I still run the business and work at it 6 days a week.
    Technically I have become a slave to it.
    I enjoy it but after 17 years it has become a "job" and no longer a challenge.
    I now have the business up for sale and looking at moving to another province afterwards and taking on something new and challenging.
    Oooo...a new adventure!

heff101

Quote Originally Posted by GatorRay View Post
    Oooo...a new adventure!
    So wanna buy me out?

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

So wanna buy me out?
    What kind of business?

By the way, I was just watching House Hunters International on HGTV and they showed a Canadian couple that just dropped everything and moved to Nicaragua or some such sight unseen! I mean, the girl has a friend from work who is from Nicaragua and told her about it and this Canadian couple sold everything they have and moved there never having visited the place! It's quite an adventure for sure. The TV episode showed them adjusting to their new life with new jobs and everything... They love the "slower pace" and the "relaxed" atmosphere... and they don't speak a lick of whatever-language-they-speak-there so they're excited to get over the language-barrier...

I'd be like... eeeeeeeekkk!

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

heff101

Quote Originally Posted by anatess View Post
    What kind of business?

By the way, I was just watching House Hunters International on HGTV and they showed a Canadian couple that just dropped everything and moved to Nicaragua or some such sight unseen! I mean, the girl has a friend from work who is from Nicaragua and told her about it and this Canadian couple sold everything they have and moved there never having visited the place! It's quite an adventure for sure. The TV episode showed them adjusting to their new life with new jobs and everything... They love the "slower pace" and the "relaxed" atmosphere... and they don't speak a lick of whatever-language-they-speak-there so they're excited to get over the language-barrier...

I'd be like... eeeeeeeekkk!

A profitable one! haha

I want to move to the Cayman Islands but my wife says to far from the kids. And besides likely to hot for Heff!

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

I am from Canada.I hated school and never pursued any further education beyond high school.I farmed with my parents for several years and got tired of the family fighting so I opened my own retail business in 1994.I still run the business and work at it 6 days a week.Technically I have become a slave to it.I enjoy it but after 17 years it has become a "job" and no longer a challenge.I now have the business up for sale and looking at moving to another province afterwards and taking on something new and challenging.
    there has to be a "calling" for smart a**es...especially ones that are so "special"...

Drool Catcher Become a 4 Paw Member Tiffany B's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rollie and Cash
    Likes (Received)

I worked retail for 9 yrs as an assistant mgr.
    Now I work for the state, (for the past 3 yrs) I am caseworker, for food stamps and Medicaid. Big Switch from The retail world!!!

heff101

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    there has to be a "calling" for smart a**es...especially ones that are so "special"...
    Leave my azz outta this! hahaha

Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany B View Post
    I worked retail for 9 yrs as an assistant mgr.
    Now I work for the state, (for the past 3 yrs) I am caseworker, for food stamps and Medicaid. Big Switch from The retail world!!!
    Tiffany,

I used to work for Goodwill Industries, Hawaii in their Food Stamp Employment & Training program. I was the jerk that took their food stamps away if they were able bodied and chose not to look for work (even volunteer work) or attend the employment classes we offered.

Much better working at school!

Drool Catcher Become a 4 Paw Member Tiffany B's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rollie and Cash
    Likes (Received)

Small world GatorRay! I sent my fair share of referrals to the person who does that in our office, I am sure it was a difficult job. Of course you were a jerk! Lol as I have been called that a time or two! It's a tough place to work, but thankful I have a job

Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany B View Post
    Small world GatorRay! I sent my fair share of referrals to the person who does that in our office, I am sure it was a difficult job. Of course you were a jerk! Lol as I have been called that a time or two! It's a tough place to work, but thankful I have a job
    Tell me about it! I walked in one day to find someone going through my desk! I gave him what for lol.

Now I clean up poop, pee, and occasionally vomit and I tell ya, it is 1000% times better. lol. Plus I get to see are those beautiful SMILES! Yes, people actually smile at me now instead of cussing me. lol And the best part is that they are the smiles of little children, which are the BEST! I was doing car line the other day and I took a boy out of the car to go into school and he said, "Ms. Betty, I am so glad you are here. You are one of my favorite teachers!" Beats being called a jerk (or worse) any day.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Remove Ads