What size antlers?

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I wanna order the boys their antlers finally but wanna get 2 of the same size probably so there is no, its mine issue between the boys. SO what size do I have to get so it is safe for Cutty and not over kill for Mugsy? Remember he is half Cuttys size. It doesnt look too overly big in pics but you know how that goes.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I'd go w/the medium---that seemed just right for Tate when he was smaller; in fact, he still chews on it now and it's still a "good" size--not too small that he might put the whole thing in his mouth, and not so big that it's overwhelming. Finn who's a bit smaller than T also likes "borrowing" the antler. I got the antlers from Carolina Pet Pantry, btw, so i'm just going by their size medium.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I got medium the first time and in my opinion..I wish I would've gotten the xlarge every time! The mediums were whittled down in no time and I was uncomfortable with them being swallowable! (is that even a word?..) Jake was a little dude then too! From then on I've gotten xlarge..much better! I might get jumbo next time!Also..I got first order from Carolina pets..then Flint River Ranch...had them on special..might still be!

Last edited:
H

heff101

Ok getting my mind out of the gutter.
I have to laugh at the title of this thread.
"What Size Antlers"
LOL

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I ordered Medium for My Vegas and sent two to [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] for VegasR and Baby O, in my opinion they were to small, I even felt bad sending them to Libra. Next time I am ordering large or even extra large. My husband works with guys that deer hunt, I already put the word out they can have the meat, but give me the antlers!! And they agreed. (they are not cheap!) so hopefully I will get some free ones and have Joe cut them to size for me. If this happens I plan on sharing, the smaller pieces can go to pups while the larger pieces can go to adults. So hopefully this will happen when deer season come around.

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Ok my bad somebody spank me!

You just cant stop can you. :laugh:

So maybe large then for both boys? Mugs is kinda used to not getting toys his size anyhow poor thing. just dont want him to not be able to carry an xlarge. Or do you guys think he can? I mean he isnt weak, just small. haha

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Bella is small for a bully, 35lbs and we have the xl here. She doesn't have a problem with it at all, I think at least Large, but you most likely will be able to get away with xl.

Victor Y

Sep 19, 2010
Gatlinburg,TN
Bulldog(s) Names
Pepper. The Belle of Birming'am
If you soak them in water every now and then it extends their Gnawability. I soak Peppers in some water with chicken broth, she goes stark raving mad over it. I don't use Beef Stock because you end up getting gassed out the house

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
I bought XL for the boys from carolina pet pantry and Sebastian is only 40 pounds and he does well with it. I've found that it doesn't matter if you get two the same size, my boys will still fight over them. Sebastian always steals Oliver's and when I give Oliver the other one, Sebastian goes after that one too!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.