WOW Earthquake!

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
Hope everyone is ok.. We live in Philadelphia and I work in Cheltenham Pennsylvania.. We just felt an earthquake.. the buildings here rattled. My husband works in central Philadelphia on the 40th floor and said the entire building was shaking! then my son called and said Duke was " crying" the lamps were shaking :(:( Duke never cries!

Hope all of our members and families are ok!

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
Oh wow!! An Earthquake!!! I hope everyone is ok, Matilda hopes Duke is ok!!! :luv:

OP
BabyDuke

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
its all over the news 5. 8 in Virginia went throu DC , NEW YORK , NJ and PA ! wow

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
I was in the middle of a video conference with some folks in Maryland... was kinda erie watching them experience the shaking. Everything was OK though when it was done.

OP
BabyDuke

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
they closed our airport.. evacuated the buildings in center city.. this is nuts.. I hope all in VA are ok:pray:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Oh poor Dukey!

Some people felt it here too, although it was really light. I was outside so didn't feel a thing.

LucysMum

Mar 26, 2011
S. New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
My husband texted me to tell me the house rattled and things dropped off our walls. We are in NJ right over the bridge from Philly. Hubby said Lucy was really scared.

I was in NE Philly at the time taking a late lunch walking through Petsmart so I didn't feel a thing!

Karen, I saw on the news they are evacuating city hall. Tell Duke Lucy sends him a big hug.

I also hope everyone is safe and sound. So strange!

Bulliemom25

Aug 4, 2011
Jacksonville, NC
Bulldog(s) Names
Kramer :)
I'm in Washington DC and one of my first thoughts was of everyone's dogs. It really was horrifying. Hope it was the first and last!

OP
BabyDuke

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
My husband texted me to tell me the house rattled and things dropped off our walls. We are in NJ right over the bridge from Philly. Hubby said Lucy was really scared.

I was in NE Philly at the time taking a late lunch walking through Petsmart so I didn't feel a thing!

Karen, I saw on the news they are evacuating city hall. Tell Duke Lucy sends him a big hug.

I also hope everyone is safe and sound. So strange!

My husbands building was evacuated.. I told him to get off the train and get Duke a present before he goes home! ha ha
I am suprised Duke was that scared.. THUNDER and things like that don't upset him like the other dogs on our block but I think he may have sensed how scared my son was??

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Wow glad everyone is OK.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
[MENTION=2091]BabyDuke[/MENTION]..I'm so glad Duke wasn't alone! Living in "earthquake country".. I feel your fear!! And 5.8 we wouldn't even feel.well..we'd feel it..but just keep on doing what we were doing..anything under about that is a nonevent here unless it's right underneath you...I always worry about my critters and when the big one comes..I just want to be home! I know how scary it is...:hug: to all!! They say anywhere can have them..wow...guess "they" were right!!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Oh, gosh! I am so sorry for Duke! I hope you get home and comfort him soon. Scarey.

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Glad to hear that you all are okay!!

Luckily I'm in IA, so no earthquake for us. We had a reaaaaallly minor one last year..which is really strange for IA.

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
We felt it in Jersey ... I live at the "Jersey Shore". It was so subtle that all of us in our office didn't say anything at first. Felt like someone was shaking my chair. So weird. Glad everyone is okay!

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
We felt it here in Central PA. I was getting my oil changed & the building moved briefly. I didn't realize what it was, but definitely felt it and it made me pause. I was wondering if it was equipment at the car garage. Then about 15 mins later it broke on the weather channel. It was a weird sensation. I didn't feel anything major, but talked to some other people who said lights were shaking, etc.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.