*sigh ... I'm a little sad. lol.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Speaking of LOTR... I love it! But, man, I couldn't re-read the books. It's just too rich. Yeah, kinda like eating pure chocolate.

But, the Drizzt stories... now those are awesome! It's written like LOTR with great adventures and multiple realms but with a more average-reader-appeal literary style. I'm still amazed that nobody has made movies out of Drizzt. Or even any really good mega-production movies out of the Dungeons and Dragons world. The 2 D&D movies that came out were a joke! When you got LOTR and Harry Potter and even idiotic-Twilight making big movies and succeeding, it's a wonder how both D&D movies were so under-achieved that they sucked so bad. I guess it's a good thing they didn't make a Drizzt movie. I would cry if they would put a half-brained movie out of this hero. Kinda like Percy Jackson - what were they thinking???

Anyway, if you're looking for a LOTR-kinda series, pick up the stories of the dark elf Drizzt Do'Urden starting from Homeland, Exile, then Sojourn. And then move on to when he banded with a dwarf, a barbarian, and a halfling on some quests...

1065164-sea_swords_det01_super.jpg

@anatess , I think a lot of Star Wars fans still wish there were only 3 movies....:tongue:

:ROFL:

Last edited:

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Thanks so much for the offer, you're too kind! :) I researched on amazon how much they were and the collection isn't too expensive. Actually it was cheaper than I thought so I'll probably get it before Christmas.

As much as I'd like to say Team Eric, deep down I think I'm Team Bill. Alcide's great too but I don't like how he's treating his current gf. C'mon, if you don't love her then stop dragging her along! :)

I am Team Eric. But I also like Alcide. Read the books, it changed my mind from Bill to Eric.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=2874]anatess[/MENTION], I think a lot of Star Wars fans still wish there were only 3 movies....:tongue:

I too am sad about Harry Potter. More so the books than the movies, so I felt more of a let down when I finished reading The Deathly Hallows. Although I have a whole list of books I want to start reading now that I am at the end of my grad career. I cannot wait to start reading "real" books again....so tired of journal articles!

I am planning to start with the George R.R. Martin series (Fire & Ice?) that starts with the Game of Thrones. I have also heard that the Hunger Games series is really good. Does anyone know about that?

Loved the Hunger Games series. A very easy read. Loved it. I have to admit, I loved the first book the most.

OP
izstigspunks

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Loved the Hunger Games series. A very easy read. Loved it. I have to admit, I loved the first book the most.

I wonder if the movies are going to be good. Don't know what the books are about, but as long as the storylines are good and there's some eyecandy then the movies should be epic. :)

Members online

No members online now.