*sigh ... I'm a little sad. lol.

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
[MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION] you have got to read the Charlaine Harris Sookie Stackhouse series. So much better than the show True Blood but Im addicted to that too.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] :laugh: I WAS around but not watching then. Omg that sounded bad, I wish I was so young that I wasnt. lol

OP
izstigspunks

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
@savemejeebus you have got to read the Charlaine Harris Sookie Stackhouse series. So much better than the show True Blood but Im addicted to that too.

I've been meaning to get the collection. Love love love the show and heard that it doesn't follow the books completely. I got my bf hooked on it too. :)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
[MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION]...oh yes! I used to rush home from school...(think 1st grade....NOT).... Ok..ok...8th and on..to watch Angelique and Barnubus!! :laugh: WHAT!! Fake trees? Next thing you'll be telling me there aren't really vampires!! :eek:[MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION]...have fun!!

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Ok [MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION] are you Team Bill, Team Eric or Team Alcide? lol

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION] dont buy them message me your address and Ill send you some of them. I think I have first seven books.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I'm starting the series of books, Girl with the Dragon Tattoo; has anyone read that? [MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION], maybe that's up your alley? heard it's gonna be a movie w/that hunk Daniel Craig! :luv:

[MENTION=1930]LaurieLolaandMojo[/MENTION], I remember the Edge of Night...it would come on at 3pm so i'd catch it after i got home from school. I only remember a character named Raven tho...everything else is a blank!:blink:

and [MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION], I was a Dark Shadows fan too!! I think I was in 3rd grade and already watching that sort of stuff!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I love Twilight! Okay let me rephrase that. I loved the first book the other ones were not as good. Same with the movies. I liked the first one, the others not so much. I've also watched General Hospital for a very long time. I have about 35 episodes on my TiVo that I still need to watch. I also have all last season of desperate housewives and Grey's anatomy to watch. I feel like the last six months have just been yanked out from underneath me. That's probably about how much laundry I have left to do also....... I started reading the Harry Potter series. I think I made it to the fourth book before I stopped. I've only ever seen the first movie. One of these days when I get more time.....*sigh*

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
[MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] I read that Stig Larsson series. There is the swedish versions of the movies on netflix. They are pretty good.

I really enjoy Harry Potter myself. They came out when my son was young so I read every one after he was finished. I haven't seen the last movie yet though.

I think that [MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION] is more of a "My Favorite Martian" kind of guys heehee. I have seen the Dark Shadow series a few times. They used to re-play it.

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
All of a sudden, I feel very young. LOL.

I was in elementary school when Harry Potter came out. o.o I haven't read a single one of the books.

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
[MENTION=2874]anatess[/MENTION], I think a lot of Star Wars fans still wish there were only 3 movies....:tongue:

I too am sad about Harry Potter. More so the books than the movies, so I felt more of a let down when I finished reading The Deathly Hallows. Although I have a whole list of books I want to start reading now that I am at the end of my grad career. I cannot wait to start reading "real" books again....so tired of journal articles!

I am planning to start with the George R.R. Martin series (Fire & Ice?) that starts with the Game of Thrones. I have also heard that the Hunger Games series is really good. Does anyone know about that?

OP
izstigspunks

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
@savemejeebus dont buy them message me your address and Ill send you some of them. I think I have first seven books.

Thanks so much for the offer, you're too kind! :) I researched on amazon how much they were and the collection isn't too expensive. Actually it was cheaper than I thought so I'll probably get it before Christmas.

As much as I'd like to say Team Eric, deep down I think I'm Team Bill. Alcide's great too but I don't like how he's treating his current gf. C'mon, if you don't love her then stop dragging her along! :)

L

Lucy-licious

I know I've mentioned this somewhere before but has anyone tried Patricia Cornwells Scarpetta seriese...I found them addictive and have read the whole seriese. some let downs here anfd there where I think the author had a silly moment but very good reads that have individual stories to the book but a constant story of the characters lives running throughout the seriese that keeps you hooked.
May be worth a read if you like Crime/Thriller books :)
If you like easy summer reads to make you laugh Sophie Kinsella Shopaholics books are very funny.

Books from ages ago that had me hooked were the tolkein books Lord of the Rings seriese and The Hobbit. and Virginia Andrews Flowers in the Atic etc...I was 14 when I read them and so disappointed when the movie came out.

OP
izstigspunks

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I know I've mentioned this somewhere before but has anyone tried Patricia Cornwells Scarpetta seriese...I found them addictive and have read the whole seriese. some let downs here anfd there where I think the author had a silly moment but very good reads that have individual stories to the book but a constant story of the characters lives running throughout the seriese that keeps you hooked.
May be worth a read if you like Crime/Thriller books :)
If you like easy summer reads to make you laugh Sophie Kinsella Shopaholics books are very funny.

Books from ages ago that had me hooked were the tolkein books Lord of the Rings seriese and The Hobbit. and Virginia Andrews Flowers in the Atic etc...I was 14 when I read them and so disappointed when the movie came out.

You didn't like the Lord of the Rings movies? I loved them! I cried more to them than the HP series. haha. The action scenes just catch you off-guard and makes you feel like you can conquer anything. The soundtrack is so powerful and captivating too. My bf and I are always discussing that we should have a LoR movie marathon one day.

I tried and failed at reading the novels. They were filled with so much detail that my mind was so exhausted after every page.

L

Lucy-licious

You didn't like the Lord of the Rings movies? I loved them! I cried more to them than the HP series. haha. The action scenes just catch you off-guard and makes you feel like you can conquer anything. The soundtrack is so powerful and captivating too. My bf and I are always discussing that we should have a LoR movie marathon one day.

I tried and failed at reading the novels. They were filled with so much detail that my mind was so exhausted after every page.

Sorry bad grammer again I meant the Flowers in the Atic movie was poor compared to the book.

Oh yes the LotR Movies were and are amazing we do the marathon often, and I still have to leave the room when Arwen is growing weak :lol: The best bit is that the movies did the books justice...but maybe thats because it had been years between me reading them and watching the movies that I had forgotten details. I read it at 13 and was instantly hooked but have since tried and found it too difficult to read. The adult mind is not as easily manipulated into belief.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online