*sigh ... I'm a little sad. lol.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Now that the Harry Potter series is done. I finally watched Part II tonight. It's like the end of an era.

The books came out when I was in high school so it feels like part of my childhood is gone.

First the Lord of the Rings trilogy (which rocked!), now this. *sigh

Don't laugh, this is a SERIOUS problem.

hehe.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::D

Last edited:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:hmm: I understand...it's like 30 years ago when Luke and Laura got married...ohhhh...that makes me ancient!! Ok..ok..I know..it's like when my granddaughter started reading Nancy Drew books..and I remembered reading ALL of them....naw...that's worse! :tease: I understand...really I do!! [MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious![/MENTION] will help you through this...:shhhh: she cried in the movie....

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
At least you got 8 movies... we only got 6 out of the Star Wars one and we had to wait 20 years for it.

Okay okay, I'm no help. LOL!

I've read the books over 5 times. It's great to just go through them again... recapture our youth or some such.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
At least you got 8 movies... we only got 6 out of the Star Wars one and we had to wait 20 years for it.Okay okay, I'm no help. LOL!I've read the books over 5 times. It's great to just go through them again... recapture our youth or some such.
YOUTH!!! Shut the crap up!! YOUTH!!! :rofl: :cry: :rofl: :cry: :rofl: :cry: As you can see I don't know if I should laugh or cry.....

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION], I remember Luke and Laura!:eek: OMG, was that 30years ago??!!! Did i mention i was only 1yo at the time?? :tease::laugh:

[MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION], i totally understand where you're coming from. My favorite author growing up was Judy Blume and when I got thru all her books, it was like, "uh, now what?":blink:

Soon enough tho, I'm sure you'll find another wonderfully fascinating story/author that may even surpass HP!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
:hmm: I understand...it's like 30 years ago when Luke and Laura got married...ohhhh...that makes me ancient!! Ok..ok..I know..it's like when my granddaughter started reading Nancy Drew books..and I remembered reading ALL of them....naw...that's worse! :tease: I understand...really I do!! [MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious![/MENTION] will help you through this...:shhhh: she cried in the movie....

haha I am a soap addict and have watched them all (abc) for 24 years now. WOW! So [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] I was almost around back when they got married. I am so sad to see my all my children and one life to live being taken off the air. I know I am lame but with the help of tivo and a job of working graveyard for many years I havent hardly ever missed an episode. I dont watch any of the Harry Potter stuff, not my style but I do understand the sadness. hahahaha

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
@JAKEISGREAT , I remember Luke and Laura!:eek: OMG, was that 30years ago??!!! Did i mention i was only 1yo at the time?? :tease::laugh:

@savemejeebus , i totally understand where you're coming from. My favorite author growing up was Judy Blume and when I got thru all her books, it was like, "uh, now what?":blink:

Soon enough tho, I'm sure you'll find another wonderfully fascinating story/author that may even surpass HP!

NOT TWILIGHT!

And Becky! You're not as old as Bruce! :rofl

I wonder what Bruce would have watched... Maybe that show with Emfrem Zimbalist Jr before he even had Stephanie Zimbalist... I have to say, I'm old enough to wear training bras when Remington Steele opened. LOL.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
haha I am a soap addict and have watched them all (abc) for 24 years now. WOW! So [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] I was almost around back when they got married. I am so sad to see my all my children and one life to live being taken off the air. I know I am lame but with the help of tivo and a job of working graveyard for many years I havent hardly ever missed an episode. I dont watch any of the Harry Potter stuff, not my style but I do understand the sadness. hahahaha
ALMOST AROUND??? Hit me when I'm down!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I felt that way after I read the last book. And the final movie was very good, they did the book justice. Here is how I am getting my fix. I am watching each movie for about a half hour before I fall asleep. When I go to town I listen to Jim Dale read it to me. Reading them again is so much better than the movies really! And makes errands much more enjoyable!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
HEY!!!!!!!!! :p:p:p

Just for that I'm leaving!!!!! (going salmon fishing on LakeMI actually) ;)

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I loved the Judy Blume series. I have yet to read any Harry Potter. My mom bought the boys the series and they were never interested, so in the garage sale they went.

And as far as Luke and Laura, I never watched but I do remember.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Anybody else in their 50's or better, ever get into Dark Shadows? that was my favorite as a teen. I've seen episodes recently and can't believe how truly low budget it actually was, (fake trees and all) but I loved it back then.

L

Lucy-licious

Yes I cried and not just when someone died...my first tear shed was when they began the defend Hogwarts and the spells began to form that protective bubble :'( I too have started reading the books again and currently Harry has just caught that first snitch that means so much at the end. You can get through this [MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION] I am here for you and together we can be strong :resolute smiley: :rofl:

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
I have yet to watch the last one. Not sure I want to see it for the same reason.

[MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION] my mom was addicted to Dark Shadows, she had all the books. I have watched pretty much every episode. DId you know they are doing Dark Shadows again?

I was also named for an Edge of Night character. Does anyone remember that one?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.