mixed drink ideas

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
wow we have a lot to pick from, keep em coming. Gonna have to run them by hubby when I plan groceries and stuff. Only thing is camping we dont bring the shaker and all that so we are limited. I mean we could but I hate doing dishes camping so the easier, less messy the better! haha BUT I will be making a note of all of these for other occasions. :D

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Rum punch by the gallon, this is a "specialty drink" where I work.

1/2 cup of Vodka
1/2 cup Captain Morgains
1/2 cup Myers Dark Rum
1/2 cup Peach Snapps
1/2 cup Grenadine
1 cup Orange Juice
fill rest of gallon with Sour Mix
Shake
It is a very fruity drink I personally like strong
It is costly because you have to buy all liquors but if you are making a gallon, just buy the pint size bottles instead of the big bottles.

Another fun shot to do at partys or between the two of you
Pour shots of Vodka into a shot glass, add one half of a Jolly Rancher, let is disolve, it gives you very flavorful strong vodka shots with many different flavors.

Double 007
2 oz. Vodka
add orange juice
top with 7 up

Sweet T
2 oz. Honey Jack Daniels (it's fairly new)
1 oz. tripple sec
squeeze 2 lemon wedges into drink
top with sweet T and shake
Taste just like sweet Ice T---with a kick!

Give me more of an idea which liquor you like and I can tell you more.

Stoli Razz and Cranberry Juice with a sqeeze of fresh lime is good too.

Last edited:
OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Ooh all of those sound good. [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] So you say the punch isnt very strong so I should add more of those liquors to make it more "fun"? haha I am saving all of these just so you know, thank you! Not sure what alcohol I like really cuz we have been in such a rut lately. We used to drink harvey wallbangers all the time (my dads drink) but then lost that kick. Started drinking something fruity with southern comfort which was yummy but got old and we got lazy so we ended up just with so co and fruit juice. Hubby LOVES whiskey, me not so much. LOVE amaretto. I am sure we will have both of those on hand cuz hubby requested it already but I may be restocking our liquor cupboard after reading this. haha How long does it take the jolly rancher to dissolve? That will be another easy and good one although I cant do shots camping cuz I still do have to take care of the babies. Will save that one for new years or a party. ;) [MENTION=574]TessaAndSamson[/MENTION] I will be buying squirt also, thanks! :)

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2714]HrsDiva[/MENTION] have you tried that with the whipped vodka?! My gawd it is yummy! Put it with root beer and it tastes like a root beer float. I dont even like root beer much but it is yummy.

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
Another is a "Tiger Woods" (I don't think this is actually what it's called but a bartender told my girlfriends & I it's like an Arnold Palmer just a little dirtier, haha).

I don't know measurements, I just do to taste.
Firefly Sweet tea vodka
lemonade

Pour over ice & can top with sprite if you want to make it fizzy. Perfect summer drink!

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
@cai~jenn here is one that has Amaretto AND Southern Comfort

Kool-Aide
1 oz. Amaretto
1 oz. Southern Comfort
1 oz. Midori Melon Liquer
1 oz. Blue Caracao
Fill the rest of glass with 1/2 Sour Mix
The Other half with Cran Juice.
Taste like a fruity kool-aide with a KICK!!!

HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
@HrsDiva have you tried that with the whipped vodka?! My gawd it is yummy! Put it with root beer and it tastes like a root beer float. I dont even like root beer much but it is yummy.

@cal~jenn I haven't but I think I need to :toast:

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Mojitos are a staple in my house! We make them by the pitcher. We found we like to use the Bacardi Limon for the rum. Same directions as the pomegranate mojito above. Its a nice refreshing drink. :)

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
all very yummy drinks! Makes me think we all need to get together and have a drink tasting. :lol: Have a few saved to show hubby and we will see what the final decision is. Keep em comin tho I need a good amount just cuz they all are looking good and I am not going to be prego again so now I can plan on parties. ;)

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
@cai~jenn here is one that has Amaretto AND Southern Comfort

Kool-Aide
1 oz. Amaretto
1 oz. Southern Comfort
1 oz. Midori Melon Liquer
1 oz. Blue Caracao
Fill the rest of glass with 1/2 Sour Mix
The Other half with Cran Juice.
Taste like a fruity kool-aide with a KICK!!!

Ok so this is the decided recipe to make for this trip. If I wanted to try and make it a big gallon size container like the punch would be do you think 1/2 cup of each alcohol and then the rest juice would work? (similar measurements as the rum punch idea) Or should I just make them individually? Or more of each alcohol? lol Am I buggin yet? :lmao:

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
just went camping and all we drank was vodka tonics, easy to make. but we used this new flavored vodka made by pucker. its reallllllly good. they have green apple, grape, citrus, and cherry. the first two are my favorites.

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
just went camping and all we drank was vodka tonics, easy to make. but we used this new flavored vodka made by pucker. its reallllllly good. they have green apple, grape, citrus, and cherry. the first two are my favorites.

Dont think I have ever had a vodka tonic but am willing to try anything. ;) Havent seen the flavors, will have to check them out when I do my grocery shopping.

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION], I personally would take a 10 oz. glass and make one at a time and pour them into a gallon jug. Because it calls for so many ingredients, I could not tell you how to make it by the gallon with it tasting the same. Use a Jigger for exact amounts, to add more power to the drink use both sides of the jigger (oz and a half). Let me know what you think! Enjoy your trip!!

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Ok, thanks. Oh no worries I will enjoy it. haha A bunch of us are all buying parts to it so we all can have fun. :)

armyguy

Aug 14, 2011
colorado springs
Bulldog(s) Names
Dually
mix vodka,triplesec,redbull with a splash of apple pucker. it tastes just like an apple jolly rancher and will knock your socks off lol...

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.