mixed drink ideas

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION], this is up your ally so I am requesting your help and everyone else for their fav mixed drinks also. I want to bring something new camping to make cuz I am tired of the old southern comfort mixed with fruit juice. We used to make mixed drinks all the time then got lazy and stuck in a rut. I need something very good and easy and doesnt call for pineapple or tequila or whiskey cuz between hubby and I that is what we dont drink. lol. He wont drink tequila but loves whiskey, I cant drink whiskey and he doesnt like pineapple juice. :whew: Now that I have made things more difficult what are everyone recommendations?

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I LOVE gin and tonics plus the quinine in the tonic water keeps away mosquitoes!

I also really like poinsettias:

1/4 cup vodka
1/4 cup Champagne
1/2 cup cranberry juice

A little bubbly and very refreshing!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
So [MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION], tell me what liquors you both like, Vodka? Gin? Rum? Do you two like fruity? I have a good rum punch recipe and can be made by the gallon so you can make a whole batch and it will keep. (And it is easy!)

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
So [MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION], tell me what liquors you both like, Vodka? Gin? Rum? Do you two like fruity? I have a good rum punch recipe and can be made by the gallon so you can make a whole batch and it will keep. (And it is easy!)

rum is good, we like fruity but not overkill on the sweet. We wanna be able to drink a few and not be grossed out by it after a bit. A rum punch sounds like it would be yummy! Oh and we like strong drinks too, haha nothing foo-foo and too lightweight. ;)
[MENTION=860]sheshistory[/MENTION] that sounds really good but hubby also isnt the hugest fan of wine or champagne. BUT I may have to try that for new years or something when us girlies are trying to have fun too. :D

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I'll take that recipe! I love pirates...err..rum

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I know I have told you this before Miss Jenn but definitely try so co and squirt, it's so good! Shouldn't be any sweeter than so co and juice, actually it should be less sweet because squirt is pretty tart. We aren't terribly creative with our cocktail choices so I don't think I am of much help. The last new thing I tried making was this limeade slushy thing but that has tequila so you probably wouldn't like it, I enjoyed it very much myself though :). Since you like so co I would assume you would like this, I found it with Christmas recipes one year, sounded so good so I saved it but I have yet to make it:

1 fifth Southern Comfort
3 quarts pre-chilled 7-Up
6 ounces of fresh lemon juice
1-6 ounce can of frozen orange juice
1-6 ounce can of frozen lemonade

Mmmmmmm I will need to make those poinsettas sheshistory suggested, that sounds delicious!

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Oh man, I have a great recipe for White Peach Sangria, but it does have pineapple juice in it. You can't taste it, but it is in there.

We get a lot of the Barcardi frozen mixers, they have Rum Runner and a Mojito one, both are very good. My fav is Bloody Mary, Zing Zang is the best mix and I put in some olive juice.

A Madras: Vodka and Cranberry juice with a splash of lime.

Also there are bottled Mixers out there you just add Alcohol. The Dreamsicle is my favorite of that one.

At our parties we are more shot people: Peanut butter and jelly, oatmeal cookie, chocolate cake etc...

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Oh man, I have a great recipe for White Peach Sangria, but it does have pineapple juice in it. You can't taste it, but it is in there.

We get a lot of the Barcardi frozen mixers, they have Rum Runner and a Mojito one, both are very good. My fav is Bloody Mary, Zing Zang is the best mix and I put in some olive juice.

A Madras: Vodka and Cranberry juice with a splash of lime.

Also there are bottled Mixers out there you just add Alcohol. The Dreamsicle is my favorite of that one.

At our parties we are more shot people: Peanut butter and jelly, oatmeal cookie, chocolate cake etc...

Please share the White Peach Sangria recipe!!! :) And OMG PB&J and oatmeal cookie shots?! I've had chocolate cake shots and I think they are delicious but I have never heard of the other 2! I will have to google that and find a recipe!

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
the white peach sangria. 1 part pineapple juice, 2 parts peach schnapps, 2 parts White Zin wine, 3 parts 7-up. We make huge amounts so we do 2 cups for 1 part. Cut up apples, oranges, grapes and place in mix, chill.

PB and J: one shot Frangelica (or any hazelnut liquor) and one shot Chambord (or rasberry liquor) place in shaker over ice and then place in shot glass.

My son makes the oatmeal, he adds something to it, but this is the base recipe. 1 part ea of butterscotch schnapps, Irish Cream, Goldschlager and Frangelico, again place over ice in shaker, shake and pour in shot glasses.

HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
Do you creamcicle ice cream? If you do then this is a easy drink and you can make it as strong as you like...

Orange soda
Vanilla Vodka
Ice
*repeat*

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
Seductive Swan :: 1.5 oz vodka, 5 blackberries, 3 oz lemonade. Muddle four blackberries in bottom of tumbler. Add ice, vodka and lemonade. Garnish with blackberries

Pomegranate Mojitos
Serves:1
1 teaspoon sugar (or simple syrup would be easier)
1 tablespoon of fresh mint leaves
juice of 1/2 of a lime
1 shot of clear rum
1 shot of pomegranate juice
1 shot of club or lemon-lime soda
Add sugar, mint, and lime juice to a glass. Muddle with the end of a wooden spoon or any such device. Add 3-4 ice cubes to glass, then add rum, juice and soda. Stir to mix and enjoy!

Cranberry Cooler

Ingredients:
1 c. no sugar added, fresh cranberry juice
3 oz. coconut rum
1 generous lime wedge

Directions:
-Fill glass over 3/4 full with ice
-Pour cranberry juice over ice
-Pour in rum and stir with a cocktail stirrer
-Squeeze all juice from lime wedge into drink and drop in glass
-Serve immediately

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh man dont get me started no the choc cake shots that is my fav! Yum!!!! Havent tried the others and honestly we never go out for drinks anymore so this is why I have no clue on drinks. But dang I :heart: the choc cake shot!!!!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.