Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hi all, looking for some movies to put on my queue for Netflix. I have not been very up to date on new releases on DVD, so which ones are good? Any suggestions?

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I am bad with names of movies so I will try... Have you seen shitter island, thats a good one. Do you like dumb comedies or what type of movies do you like? We watch a lot of comedies and love them but not everyone does. I have heard blind side is good although havent seen it yet. We have a list that is old that we need to watch still.

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
I don't watch a lot of movies, but I do remember enjoying Gran Torino... I'm not sure how new it is, but it can't be too old since Clint Eastwood looked pretty old in it.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I think we need a bit of direction...what kinds of movies do you like or dislike?

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes direction would make this much easier. lol. Gran tourino is supposed to be really good, we were supposed to rent that a while back and forgot.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Yes direction, what kind of movies? I am a huge movie fan and I have netflix myself, love it! Action, chick flicks, sci-fi, smart comedies, dumb comedies?? What are you favorite movies? I think that gives alot of insight to what other movies you will enjoy. I like all movies but I am more for off the wall than the next big blockbuster so I am not super current on new releases myself. Not a huge chick flick girl but I really liked He's Just Not That Into You and Valentine's Day. Crazy Heart was good, so was Curious Case Of Benjamin Button, Public Enemies, Hurt Locker. Those are all new(er) big movies I liked, didn't include my off the wall picks :) Oh and my favorite newer, big time movies were by far Inglorious Basterds and No Country For Old Men. Both were done so incredibly well in my opinion, I have watched them both many times.

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Geez I like anything that's not boring. I don't like boring quiet movies. Love comedies, recently watched avatar, GI Joe, Beverly hills chiuahua, escape from witch mountain, all pretty good. I know about these movies tho (with 4 kids) but wondering about other good ones.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I am bad with names of movies so I will try... Have you seen shitter island, thats a good one. Do you like dumb comedies or what type of movies do you like? We watch a lot of comedies and love them but not everyone does. I have heard blind side is good although havent seen it yet. We have a list that is old that we need to watch still.

LOL Shitter Island is great!

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Oh goodness, you say no quiet and slow then you wouldn't like alot of movies that I do LOL. Hotel for dogs was really cute. As for comedies, my choices are not typically kid friendly. 40 Year Old Virgin, Superbad, Knocked Up, Anchorman.

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I like those: as one on NF called the 41 year old virgin who got knocked up and felt Superbad about it. Not kidding!!!

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
saw it. Funny too!

I guess I must be looking for new releases? I also rip them to chips iPod for his flights back and forth :)

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
oh what's it supposed to be? Shooter? Shutter? Pooper? I was just about to get that one for my queue!

I woulve lol'd once I figured it out and gave you some shoot about it ;)

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Shutter island. haha It has Leonnardo Dicapreo and is really good. Course all of his movies are, he is a good actor.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online