Greek Yogurt?

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I just have to share cuz I am really excited about this stuff. haha I FINALLY have gotten the guts to try it cuz I had a coupon. The fruit flavors are really good so they have replaced our regular yogurt in the house but also tried the plain in place of my sour cream. I am picky with my sour cream and can do low fat but am not excited about it and the non fat is just wrong imo. The texture is more like yogurt which kinda weirds me out.Well the greek yogurt is non fat and the texture is just about the same as sour cream. We have used it in fajitas and on top of my chicken enchiladas the other night and you seriously can barely even tell a diff. I am not a health kick person at all, I wish I was BUT this makes me feel like I am. haha My sister made our stroganoff yesterday using it in place of the sour cream and said it was actually better this way. Just wanted to share for anyone who wants to make a nice healthy change that seriously is not noticeable. :yes:

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
I am curious tho, does it have the same probiotics in it as regular yogurt? I would think so but not sure.

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
No, just got it at staters when I did my shopping. They have quite a few to choose from now. Dont actually have a trader joes right near me and with the girls fast and easy is how I try to do things now a days. lol

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
No, just got it at staters when I did my shopping. They have quite a few to choose from now. Dont actually have a trader joes right near me and with the girls fast and easy is how I try to do things now a days. lol
I do Fresh n easy too! No stater near me! Do go to the one in big bear tho! I like it!

:rofl: just realized you said "fast and easy"..NOT fresh and easy! Duh

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
LOVE greek yogurt! So much creamier and the texture is great. I don't do regular yogurt anymore except for the flavored ones the kids like (we are talking key lime pie, lemon, etc.).

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
Mmmm I love Greek yogurt especially with honey! Starbucks has a Greek yogurt with honey and a yummy granola mmmm I'm hungry now dang it

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I'm gonna have to try it. Now [MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION]. Now my only other question is......Why haven't you posted this tip on TTR?:tease:

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
I loooooove Greek yogurt! More protein so keeps you full longer too! I usually have it with some cut up fresh fruit (fav is starberries and banana) and granola. Yummmmm. Usually it's my mid-morning snack. Yummy. Didn't think of substituting for sour cream ... Great idea!!!

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I love Greek yogurt, especially the Fage brand (i always get this at TJ's).

[MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION]i, you've inspired me to post a recipe for one of my favorite cakes made with Greek Yogurt! I'll post this...

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION] I know I wasnt thinking and came here. haha I am the worst at hounding everyone else arent I and I make that mistake. :lol:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.