Carpet Cleaner Recommendations ....???

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I had the Bissel ProHeat Deep Cleaner - it was good while it lasted. The problem was, it didn't last.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I have the Bissel Proheat 2X. I've only used it once because we need to get more soap. Hopefully it'll last!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I use tide free laundry soap (just a tiny bit, like a teaspoon). Then I do a second round rinse with a bit of vinegar in the water. I suggest doing a test area with the vinegar to make sure it does not bleach the carpet out.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
@Lucy-licious! Bad girl ... I like the way you think ... :smoochwink:

@sheshistory @savemejeebus @Sherry ......... what model of Bissel cleaner do you have???

It's called QuickSteamer it's like kind of greenish grey in color, LOL I think it was like $79 but it works great, and it's so easy to clean the canister when you're done. Piece-a-cake My carpets are light beige, we built the house in 1998. Same carpet, builder grade, and the cleaner just cleans it without chewing it up. no holes, no matting. (I ought to work for Bissell, sales)

OP
kazzy220

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
........ going carpet cleaner shopping ........ :up:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We used stanley steamer once.... did a nice job, but a lot of the stains came back after a few weeks :cursing:. On everyday spills or accidents I have the Bissell Spot-Bot... works great

Laura M Velazquez

May 17, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Meilyr
I have the spot bot but it's leaving the carpet lightened in the spot that I'm cleaning. I have a Hoover but the hose tore so it's not soaking up the water. It's a smaller compact size. I need to get it fixed b/c it worked well in my apartment. It's the hoover agility. I wish I could afford a dyson. I'm really not a fan of the canister vacuums, seems all the crap flies back in the air or worst my face.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk......Laura

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.