Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I need to get one for Vegas. Wouldn't that be awesome?

OP
Telly03

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
I need to get one for Vegas. Wouldn't that be awesome?

:up: that would be cool... they are so expensive pre-trained though. I wonder how long it takes to train a dog and the techniques used for it to cost so much

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I bet you all service dogs are pretty spendy. I know they make the selection at birth. Author Dean Koontz had a dog named Trixie who was supposed to be a service dog. She was selected at birth along with a few others to attend this training seminar. When it came time for Trixie to graduate and to be certified, She was unable to. She didn't meet all the requirements, So they had to rehome her. Dean Koontz wrote a book about his life with Trixie and how she was one of the best dogs that he ever owned.

I think people capitalize on the need for them, knowing some parents would do anything to help their child better their life. In the article it says something to the fact that a seizure could cause brain damage. This is one of the things I fear about Vegas. He sleeps with us also. Usually he is unsupervised on Mondays and Fridays. He's in his kennel for about six hours. My mother in law is leaving for a month next Tuesday. That means that he will be in his kennel Monday through Friday from 830 in the morning to about five at night. We are working on the Vegas cam trying find someone who will monitor it. All we really need to know is whether or not he has one. I think there is a feature on this camera for a motion detector. But I have to look more into that. This was sent via Dragon dictation so if anything is misspelled miss worded or anything like that you just have to deal with it......

OP
Telly03

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] I could monitor via recording software for you, but you can also do this. I use Blue Iris, but there's numerous other software available that can do this. I'm not sure if I would trust a motion detector to pick up a seizure... there might not be enough movement of any distance to trigger, but you can record all day if you have the hard drive space.

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I will have to look into Blue Iris.....I have an external hard drive with plenty of space. Thanks [MENTION=410]Telly03[/MENTION]

Most Reactions