Has anyone seen the HBO show Deadwood?

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Deadwood ran new on HBO in 2004, 2005 and 2006. I have never had HBO channels but my Dad does and feel in love with the Deadwood re-runs and ended up buying all 3 seasons. I am borrowing his DVDs now and LOVING this show! Excellent western show! BUT other than my dad, my brother, Dave and I, I don't know anyone else who has ever watched it.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Never watched it either, although I've heard of it. My must watch HBO shows are True Blood and Dexter. They're the bomb-diggity imo. :)

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
Deadwood ran new on HBO in 2004, 2005 and 2006. I have never had HBO channels but my Dad does and feel in love with the Deadwood re-runs and ended up buying all 3 seasons. I am borrowing his DVDs now and LOVING this show! Excellent western show! BUT other than my dad, my brother, Dave and I, I don't know anyone else who has ever watched it.

I have seen the show. Me and hubby both :heart: the show.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Never watched it either, although I've heard of it. My must watch HBO shows are True Blood and Dexter. They're the bomb-diggity imo. :)
Dexter is on Showtime. :D
My husband watches Deadwood but then he never lets any Wyatt Earp - related show pass by...

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i think my bf watched that show. i couldnt get into it all the cussing and stuff. but he loved it watched all the seasons.

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Hubby and I love Deadwood! Although I did have a harder time getting into the last season for some reason. Loved the first two seasons and can't wait to get them on DVD to re-watch it again sometime.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
It came out in the UK before I moved ... so I'm guessing maybe 2004 or 2005. Although I totally adore Ian McShane I think both of us lasted maybe 3 episodes and then the over-use of all the bad language just became too much and so we stopped watching it. I don't know if they toned down the swear words after that because we never watched it again.

OP
TessaAndSamson

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
There's definitely ALOT of vulgar language and violence so definitely not for everyone. I love the excellent story lines and acting, yes Ian McShane is AMAZING! The other thing I really like is that so much of the story line is based on real people and events. Although the fact that Al Swearengen (Ian McShane's character) actually existed and was known to MORE abusive to his female "employees" than potrayed in the show is quite disturbing. I've watched up to the second episode of the second season, just totally addicted to this show right now!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online