Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: STUPiD WiSDOM TOOTH :/

Real Name
    CRySTaL
    Bulldog(s) Names
    DiXiE
    Likes (Received)

Angry STUPiD WiSDOM TOOTH :/

Hey guys!! I have a stupid ol wisdom tooth comin in and Omg it hurts!! I've done everything, advil, tylenol, aleve, ambesol... U name it!! I can't get in to the dentist to get it pulled until Monday or so. Any ideas on how to relieve the pain til then. My pain tolerance is pretty high (I fall asleep when getting tattooed lol) but its like cutting into my cheek and stuff and its making my ear hurt too. I'm about to just yank it out myself!! I'm desperate, plz any advice would be greatly appreciated!! -Crystal-
    ANY WOMAN CAN BE A MOTHER...

BUT iT TAKES SOMEONE SPECiAL TO BE A BULLDOG MOM!!

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: STUPiD WiSDOM TOOTH :/

Oh no, no fun! And I know, I've been there! Nothing works really well unless you had some type of prescription painkiller. My best solutions were aleve and a couple drinks

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Lucy-licious

I would say to try co codamol 30/500 and ibuprofen, but I don't know their US counterparts sorry.
    No fun at all

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
    Likes (Received)

okay, from what you are describing this very well could be caused by an infection up under the flap of gums where the tooth is poking out. The key is to get that area cleaned out and the inflammation down. Problem is the easiest way is to have it professionaly done under anesthesia. So since the Dentist is out of the question until Monday. You can take some baking soda mixed with peroxide to make a paste. Get an End tuft brush or child size brush so you can work it into the space easier. It will be very sore and tender, but you would have to get through it since you can't get yourself numb. That will start to "bubble" out any plaque or bacteria that is harboring. You can also get a small syringe and just flush it a few times a day with the peroxide. Remember don't swallow it.

In the meantime, limit what you eat, no heavy chewing, this will limit your chances of biting it and making the inflammation worse. Chew on the other side and eat foods you don't have to do a lot of chewing. Ibuprofen works great for pain and as an anti-inlammatory. However you can only take 800mg's every 8 hours. OTC is usually 200mg, so you can take up to 4 of those tablets (ck the label) and again, only every 8 hours. Ice is also a help with inflammation, however it is not to the swelling point of the exterior of you face swelling, I hope. (if it is get to someone asap) I would suggest just letting an Ice cube sit back there every once in a while, it will calm it down.

Remember Not one of these will work by itself, since you are limited to self-treatment, you should do a little bit off all. Some cities do have "emergency dental offices" that work on Weekends. These I would only use if you don't have a regular dentist, however if you do and you are current with your treatment, don't hesitate to call again and get something for pain, at least to get you through the weekend. Most Dentists that have a history with you and you are a good and regular patient should not bat and eye with doing this. Good Luck.

Always with me

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

That's some good advise from @Bella'sMom it's better than the advise I would give which was lots of Whiskey.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Real Name
    CRySTaL
    Bulldog(s) Names
    DiXiE
    Likes (Received)

@TessaAndSamson - yeah no fun at all!! Lol I guess I'm just gonna have to crack open a bottle lol@Lucy-licious! - yeah Idk what comadol is... can u mail me some? Lol @Bella'sMom - wow that was some pretty good advice!! I am def gonna have to try it!! Thank u very much!! @Davidh - hahaha I'm about to open a bottle!! Ur not far from me so wanna join? Lol

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by DiXiE View Post
    @TessaAndSamson - yeah no fun at all!! Lol I guess I'm just gonna have to crack open a bottle lol@Lucy-licious! - yeah Idk what comadol is... can u mail me some? Lol @Bella'sMom - wow that was some pretty good advice!! I am def gonna have to try it!! Thank u very much!! @Davidh - hahaha I'm about to open a bottle!! Ur not far from me so wanna join? Lol
    Well I'd love too but I'm working at the station tonight. Bummer
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
    Likes (Received)

That is what happens when you are in the business for over 25 years. Started as a Chairside assistant then went on to get my Hygiene degree. I was also a Dental Surgical Assitant for many years.
    So this is something I have dealt with a lot. Good luck, it will get better.

Always with me

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

I hate the dentist. that's all...hate..true hate

Real Name
    CRySTaL
    Bulldog(s) Names
    DiXiE
    Likes (Received)

well that makes me feel better that im getting advice from a professional!! lol u are obviously very good at what u do!! hahaha @JAKEISGREAT u and me both!! i had braces for 2 years and that totally killed it for me!! lol no offense bella'smom!!

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

well that makes me feel better that im getting advice from a professional!! lol u are obviously very good at what u do!! hahaha @JAKEISGREAT u and me both!! i had braces for 2 years and that totally killed it for me!! lol no offense bella'smom!!
    I've been scarred AND scared since childhood! I grew up in a farming community in Montana..and there was no dentist or for that matter no anything! But a "traveling" dentist would come once a year..we'd all trudge to the hospital..uh huh..there was SOMETHING called a "hospital"...well this dentist would just push us thru like cattle. When I was 6 years old I had a mouthful of cavities...AND he filled my teeth with NO novacaine..I can still remember sliding down in that chair and him grabbing me and pulling me up! Ahole! Sooooo..you see even though I have a very good dentist now..I still HATE them.

Real Name
    CRySTaL
    Bulldog(s) Names
    DiXiE
    Likes (Received)

HOLY COW!! iD BE SCARED TOO THEN!! THATS CRAZY!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads