STUPiD WiSDOM TOOTH :/

DiXiE

Aug 5, 2011
Katy, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
DiXiE
Hey guys!! I have a stupid ol wisdom tooth comin in and Omg it hurts!! I've done everything, advil, tylenol, aleve, ambesol... U name it!! I can't get in to the dentist to get it pulled until Monday or so. Any ideas on how to relieve the pain til then. My pain tolerance is pretty high (I fall asleep when getting tattooed lol) but its like cutting into my cheek and stuff and its making my ear hurt too. I'm about to just yank it out myself!! I'm desperate, plz any advice would be greatly appreciated!! -Crystal-

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Oh no, no fun! And I know, I've been there! Nothing works really well unless you had some type of prescription painkiller. My best solutions were aleve and a couple drinks :yes:

L

Lucy-licious

I would say to try co codamol 30/500 and ibuprofen, but I don't know their US counterparts :eek: sorry.
No fun at all :hug:

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
okay, from what you are describing this very well could be caused by an infection up under the flap of gums where the tooth is poking out. The key is to get that area cleaned out and the inflammation down. Problem is the easiest way is to have it professionaly done under anesthesia. So since the Dentist is out of the question until Monday. You can take some baking soda mixed with peroxide to make a paste. Get an End tuft brush or child size brush so you can work it into the space easier. It will be very sore and tender, but you would have to get through it since you can't get yourself numb. That will start to "bubble" out any plaque or bacteria that is harboring. You can also get a small syringe and just flush it a few times a day with the peroxide. Remember don't swallow it.

In the meantime, limit what you eat, no heavy chewing, this will limit your chances of biting it and making the inflammation worse. Chew on the other side and eat foods you don't have to do a lot of chewing. Ibuprofen works great for pain and as an anti-inlammatory. However you can only take 800mg's every 8 hours. OTC is usually 200mg, so you can take up to 4 of those tablets (ck the label) and again, only every 8 hours. Ice is also a help with inflammation, however it is not to the swelling point of the exterior of you face swelling, I hope. (if it is get to someone asap) I would suggest just letting an Ice cube sit back there every once in a while, it will calm it down.

Remember Not one of these will work by itself, since you are limited to self-treatment, you should do a little bit off all. Some cities do have "emergency dental offices" that work on Weekends. These I would only use if you don't have a regular dentist, however if you do and you are current with your treatment, don't hesitate to call again and get something for pain, at least to get you through the weekend. Most Dentists that have a history with you and you are a good and regular patient should not bat and eye with doing this. Good Luck.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
That's some good advise from [MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION] it's better than the advise I would give which was lots of Whiskey.

OP
DiXiE

DiXiE

Aug 5, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
DiXiE
[MENTION=574]TessaAndSamson[/MENTION] - yeah no fun at all!! Lol I guess I'm just gonna have to crack open a bottle lol[MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious![/MENTION] - yeah Idk what comadol is... :( can u mail me some? Lol :)[MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION] - wow that was some pretty good advice!! I am def gonna have to try it!! Thank u very much!! :D[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] - hahaha I'm about to open a bottle!! Ur not far from me so wanna join? Lol :p

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
@TessaAndSamson - yeah no fun at all!! Lol I guess I'm just gonna have to crack open a bottle lol@Lucy-licious! - yeah Idk what comadol is... :( can u mail me some? Lol :)@Bella'sMom - wow that was some pretty good advice!! I am def gonna have to try it!! Thank u very much!! :D@Davidh - hahaha I'm about to open a bottle!! Ur not far from me so wanna join? Lol :p

Well I'd love too but I'm working at the station tonight. Bummer

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
[MENTION=574]TessaAndSamson[/MENTION] - yeah no fun at all!! Lol I guess I'm just gonna have to crack open a bottle lol[MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious![/MENTION] - yeah Idk what comadol is... :( can u mail me some? Lol :)[MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION] - wow that was some pretty good advice!! I am def gonna have to try it!! Thank u very much!! :D[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] - hahaha I'm about to open a bottle!! Ur not far from me so wanna join? Lol :p
That is what happens when you are in the business for over 25 years. Started as a Chairside assistant then went on to get my Hygiene degree. I was also a Dental Surgical Assitant for many years.
So this is something I have dealt with a lot. Good luck, it will get better.

OP
DiXiE

DiXiE

Aug 5, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
DiXiE
well that makes me feel better that im getting advice from a professional!! lol u are obviously very good at what u do!! hahaha [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] u and me both!! i had braces for 2 years and that totally killed it for me!! lol no offense bella'smom!!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
well that makes me feel better that im getting advice from a professional!! lol u are obviously very good at what u do!! hahaha [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] u and me both!! i had braces for 2 years and that totally killed it for me!! lol no offense bella'smom!!
I've been scarred AND scared since childhood! I grew up in a farming community in Montana..and there was no dentist or for that matter no anything! But a "traveling" dentist would come once a year..we'd all trudge to the hospital..uh huh..there was SOMETHING called a "hospital"...well this dentist would just push us thru like cattle. When I was 6 years old I had a mouthful of cavities...AND he filled my teeth with NO novacaine..I can still remember sliding down in that chair and him grabbing me and pulling me up! Ahole! Sooooo..you see even though I have a very good dentist now..I still HATE them.

L

Lucy-licious

I've been scarred AND scared since childhood! I grew up in a farming community in Montana..and there was no dentist or for that matter no anything! But a "traveling" dentist would come once a year..we'd all trudge to the hospital..uh huh..there was SOMETHING called a "hospital"...well this dentist would just push us thru like cattle. When I was 6 years old I had a mouthful of cavities...AND he filled my teeth with NO novacaine..I can still remember sliding down in that chair and him grabbing me and pulling me up! Ahole! Sooooo..you see even though I have a very good dentist now..I still HATE them.

OMG I had a similar experience but the dentist actually smacked me and told me to stop screaming...."It didnt hurt that much" he told me. :eek:
Now when I do go I sit rocking clinging my knees up to my chest and my lovely dentist has to sedate me before I can open my mouth. needless to say I only go when I have to.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
OMG I had a similar experience but the dentist actually smacked me and told me to stop screaming...."It didnt hurt that much" he told me. :eek:Now when I do go I sit rocking clinging my knees up to my chest and my lovely dentist has to sedate me before I can open my mouth. needless to say I only go when I have to.
Ooooh..you had physical violence!! He needed to be slapped! :bitchslap:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.