I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: tablet users anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by anatess View Post
    You talking to me?
    OMG that is the cutest picture ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad you got alot of great advice from everyone else Jenn because I am more lost than you with this stuff!!!!!!!

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Lucy-licious

Is there a store where you can go and look at it and ask someone to explain its uses to you?

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy-licious! View Post
    Is there a store where you can go and look at it and ask someone to explain its uses to you?
    Okay, if you're just curious to see what a tablet can do, then Best Buy has several android tablets similar to the Haina M701R brand. Coby is probably the brand closest to a Haina in price and features - also runs Android Gingerbread and has HDMI output, similar memory capacity, similar screen size, I can't tell you if the touch screen is the same or not since I've never held a Haina.

Haina is not easily available in the brick-and-mortar stores. Haina is a Chinese company and if there's anybody carrying a Chinese tablet it will be Walmart - but, alas, even Walmart doesn't carry that brand, so I'm not sure if you can find it anywhere except some online store or a mom-and-pop type computer store.

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

I think I have enough info from you guys now. I just wanted to be clear that this was not a phone but a tablet and that we would get use out of it without extra monthly bills etc. I will get it for hubby and let you all know what I think. For the price I think we cant go wrong.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Angus
    Likes (Received)

Not sure if this helps or not but heres a list of 38 tablets that include reviews, recommendations and specs/details

http://www.laptopmag.com/review/advs...spx?pcid=21792

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cali~jenn View Post
    I think I have enough info from you guys now. I just wanted to be clear that this was not a phone but a tablet and that we would get use out of it without extra monthly bills etc. I will get it for hubby and let you all know what I think. For the price I think we cant go wrong.
    Sorry, I've been so chatty in this thread...

But, before you buy it... check out other online stores first. The HaiPad has been on sale at a lot of online sites - all at a discounted $99 price. But, some stores are trying to get an edge by giving away some accessories to go with the tablet. I remember one of them was giving out the remote control that goes with the tablet and a 6' HDMI cable. The remote control is quite useful when you're connecting your tablet to the TV... then you can just prop the tablet next to the TV and you can sit on the couch with the remote control. Because - if you got a house like mine, a 6' cable doesn't reach the couch.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TessaAndSamson View Post
    OMG that is the cutest picture ever!!!!!!!!!!!!Glad you got alot of great advice from everyone else Jenn because I am more lost than you with this stuff!!!!!!!
    This whole thread scares the crapola out of me! I mean....

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Ok I ordered the 2 earlier. I was rushed to do it before hubby came home and I hadnt seen you post @anatess. Oh well... I will be happy with what I have for the price, so happy I got one for hubby and one for me. Wrong I know but how could I not?!?!? Anyhow the hdmi cables, we have a few extra. I have gotten some really great prices on those so we bought more than we needed at the time. As for the remote? Well... I may have to buy some extras for this stuff I suppose. haha Thanks you guys for all your help, I was almost sure I wasnt going to get it until I came here. THIS is what I love about this site! I had emailed a couple family members who may have had some insight into this and no help, came here and got all the help I needed. THANK YOU!!!!

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Ok I ordered the 2 earlier. I was rushed to do it before hubby came home and I hadnt seen you post @anatess. Oh well... I will be happy with what I have for the price, so happy I got one for hubby and one for me. Wrong I know but how could I not?!?!? Anyhow the hdmi cables, we have a few extra. I have gotten some really great prices on those so we bought more than we needed at the time. As for the remote? Well... I may have to buy some extras for this stuff I suppose. haha Thanks you guys for all your help, I was almost sure I wasnt going to get it until I came here. THIS is what I love about this site! I had emailed a couple family members who may have had some insight into this and no help, came here and got all the help I needed. THANK YOU!!!!
    Awwwww..it was nothin! No..literally..I did nuthin! But I'm so happy you are happy!! Please learn a lot so I can sponge.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

@cali~jenn, you gotta report back on how you like it. I'm thinking of getting a few for Christmas gifts...

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

@anatess Ok, I think I will have to sneak into it while hubby is working cuz I am not sure I can wait til oct to try mine out. haha

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

@anatess Ok, I think I will have to sneak into it while hubby is working cuz I am not sure I can wait til oct to try mine out. haha

Hiya Jenn! How's the tablet working out? I'm thinking of getting one for my mom...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads