Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: need computor advice

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: need computor advice

Quote Originally Posted by Bella'sMom View Post
    Thanks for all the advice. I grabbed my compter geek son and took him to Best Buy. He swears by ASUS. After reviewing all the laptops, Toshiba was 374 but ASUS had a duo core with something-or-nother added which made it a quad core yadda yadda yadda for 399. So that is what I got.

I would have loved an Apple, my brother has worked for them from the beginning, needless to say he has a daughter named Lisa. Anyway, Apple limits some of the FB gaming I do with Flash etc... My Brother does understand. lol

My Sony Vaio cost well over 1000 years ago and this ASUS is amazingly faster, lighter etc.... you know how that is, technology goes far in a matter of just a couple years. So I am a happy camper again.
    Yeah, ASUS is a good brand. But the dual processor thingee is for your son, not you. LOL. But yeah, can't beat that for 399. Good choice!

Flash works on any apple computer. It's only the ipad/iphone/itouch that it doesn't work on - and it's just on the mobile Safari version (browser that comes with ipad/iphone/itouch) that comes with it. You can always install a different browser or go on a streaming site to get flash to work but it's too much of a hassle.

And yeah, @JAKEISGREAT , there's tons of stuff you can do on the iPad. I've been mooning over the tiny projector that I can use with the iPad... and there's the credit card scanner that can also go on the iPad... last month I first used the airline thingee on my iPhone (can't remember what it was called) - where I just scan my boarding pass using my phone's camera and it tells me the status of the flight - like if it's delayed or something... really cool stuff. My friend has the one where he can scan barcodes with his iPhone and see if there's a coupon or some sale going on somewhere for that product - or at least that's what he told me it does.

Uhmm... can you tell I'm an apple fan? LOL.

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

@anatess..my hubby uses that barcode thing all the time! There's a new app I saw where you can scan a paint color you like from anywhere..on a house..or anywhere and it will give you the shades closest to it available at Behr paints. Amazing..we have a keyboard for iPad..never used it..

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    @anatess ..my hubby uses that barcode thing all the time! There's a new app I saw where you can scan a paint color you like from anywhere..on a house..or anywhere and it will give you the shades closest to it available at Behr paints. Amazing..we have a keyboard for iPad..never used it..
    Yeah, I have the keyboard too and used it like once or twice only. I took to the touch-keyboard on the iPhone pretty easily and the iPad even has bigger keys so I never had problems typing on it. And I make lots of documents on my iPad. I had to tweak the auto-spell-checker though because a lot of times, I'm typing away and not notice that it changed my words to something else!

Gotta go check out the Behr paint! I'm gonna love that!

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
    Likes (Received)

I guess if I had an I-phone I would know the benefits of the apps ect.... I just haven't taken that step yet. Everyone says I need to since my phone is ready for an upgrade. I am just cheap.

The great part about this computer DA DA DA DAAAAAAAAA

We have an empty nest, that means no CRAP will be downloaded on this and this is ALLLLLLL mine.

Always with me

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

I guess if I had an I-phone I would know the benefits of the apps ect.... I just haven't taken that step yet. Everyone says I need to since my phone is ready for an upgrade. I am just cheap.

The great part about this computer DA DA DA DAAAAAAAAA

We have an empty nest, that means no CRAP will be downloaded on this and this is ALLLLLLL mine.
    YOU don't REALLY have an empty nest..you have BELLA !!! That's the same empty nest I have!!!

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    YOU don't REALLY have an empty nest..you have BELLA !!! That's the same empty nest I have!!!
    Yes I have Bella, Abby and Sophie, however they are great kids, don't ask for much but food, water and lovin. No demands for gas money, new clothes, cell phones. No paying for long showers and lights on 24/7 I love my fur kids

Always with me

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Yes I have Bella, Abby and Sophie, however they are great kids, don't ask for much but food, water and lovin. No demands for gas money, new clothes, cell phones. No paying for long showers and lights on 24/7 I love my fur kids
    Me too!

heff101

Quote Originally Posted by Davidh View Post
    Hmmmm noy going to get much with $400.00 maybe a tablet like I-pad?
    I do know a fair amount in regards to computers. That said you will get 500 different responses in a forum like this as to what you should or should not buy. My advice to you is to go down to your local computer store ( try to avoid big box stores whose employees work on commission) and tell them what you need from a computer and your price range. Allot of the smaller stores may even be able to build you exactly what you need in your price range.

Good luck.

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by heff101 View Post
    I do know a fair amount in regards to computers. That said you will get 500 different responses in a forum like this as to what you should or should not buy. My advice to you is to go down to your local computer store ( try to avoid big box stores whose employees work on commission) and tell them what you need from a computer and your price range. Allot of the smaller stores may even be able to build you exactly what you need in your price range.

Good luck.
    Well I used to be in the computer business and my wife is also a computer administrator were she works, and if you are looking for a laptop or notebook you are not getting a quality computer for $400.00. You get what you pay for.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

Testing paragraph breaks on my iPad...
    Did it work?

Bulldog(s) Names