Bulldog(s) Names
Samson "Sammy"
:blink:Chicken Tikka:

* 1/2 tsp ground cumin
* 1/2 tsp ground coriander
* 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
* 1 tsp salt
* 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
* 1 cup greek plain yogurt (or regular plain yogurt)
* 2 Tbsp veggie oil
* 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
* 1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger

Masala Sauce

* 3 Tbsp veggie oil
* 1 medium onion, diced
* 2 medium garlic cloves, minced (use more if you'd like, I do)
* 2 tsp grated fresh giner
* 1 fresh serrano chili, ribs and seeds removed, flesh minced (DO NOT leave this out - keep the seeds if you want more spice)
* 1 Tbsp tomato paste
* 1 Tbsp garam masala (you can get this at most well stocked supermarkets - I get mine from Wal*Mart)
* 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
* 2 teaspoons sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon table salt
* 2/3 cup heavy cream
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves

Directions:

For the Chicken: Combine cumin, coriander, cayenne, and salt in small bowl. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with spice mixture, pressing gently so mixture adheres. Place chicken on plate, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 30 to 60 minutes. In large bowl, whisk together yogurt, oil, garlic, and ginger; set aside.

For the Sauce: Heat oil in large Dutch oven over medium heat until shimmering. Add onion and cook, stirring frequently, until light golden, 8 to 10 minutes. Add garlic, ginger, chile, tomato paste, and garam masala; cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add crushed tomatoes, sugar, and salt; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cream and return to simmer. Remove pan from heat and cover to keep warm.

Meanwhile: While sauce simmers, adjust oven rack to upper-middle position (about 6 inches from heating element) and heat broiler. Using tongs, dip chicken into yogurt mixture (chicken should be coated with thick layer of yogurt) and arrange on wire rack set in foil-lined rimmed baking sheet or broiler pan. Discard excess yogurt mixture. Broil chicken until thickest parts register 160 degrees on instant-read thermometer and exterior is lightly charred in spots, 10 to 18 minutes, flipping chicken halfway through cooking. Let chicken rest 5 minutes, then cut into 1-inch chunks and stir into warm sauce (do not simmer chicken in sauce). Stir in cilantro, adjust seasoning with salt, and serve.

AWESOME Chicken Tikka recipe - I serve with Palak Paneer and Naan. If you love Indian Food you WILL love this recipe. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Yummy! Please check out out "sister" forum Taste Tested Recipes! There should be a link right above my post.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
And now I want to go back to England and visit my favorite Indian restaurant ......... :cry::cry::cry:

L

Lucy-licious

hmmm [MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] I feel a curry night coming in my household....let me see.
Onion Bahji, Samosa, Pakora oh and poppadoms with onion and mango chutney.
chicken Jalfrezi with pilau rice or shall I have Tandoori chicken with bhuna sauce and pilau rice.
Where is that take out menu......:tease::hahaha::tease:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Now that sounds very good and different. Thank you for posting! Please share more recipes on the other forum or this one. (or both!)

L

Lucy-licious

[MENTION=2615]Mod85[/MENTION] thanks for the tikka part, I make chicken masala regularly but have not yet found a tikka recipe I like. I shall try this out next time I have the urge to cook (not very often BTW)

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
I'm so bad. I just go get the spice mix from the Indian Market...

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.