Going out to eat, what type of restaurant do you choose?

Going out to eat, what type of restaurant do you choose?

• Total voters

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Any of the above depending on our mood. I think seafood is our favorite, but love the rest too.

Since Lari posted this we went to a Japanese Sushi Bar for the first time. We had been getting freshly prepared sushi at the grocery stores near us but have never gone to have it at a restaurant. I gotta tell ya, we WILL be doing that again!! It was sooooooo good and so much fun, they didnt even offer anything other than chopsticks to eat with.... we stabbed the lettuce .. LOL Also had chilled sake with it.... that stuff will get ya if you arent careful. ;) To eat we split a couple of different combo plates so we got to taste a lot of different kinds of sushi and sasashi (sp). Was a bit expensive at $35 for sunday lunch but worth it.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Since Lari posted this we went to a Japanese Sushi Bar for the first time. We had been getting freshly prepared sushi at the grocery stores near us but have never gone to have it at a restaurant. I gotta tell ya, we WILL be doing that again!! It was sooooooo good and so much fun, they didnt even offer anything other than chopsticks to eat with.... we stabbed the lettuce .. LOL Also had chilled sake with it.... that stuff will get ya if you arent careful. ;) To eat we split a couple of different combo plates so we got to taste a lot of different kinds of sushi and sasashi (sp). Was a bit expensive at $35 for sunday lunch but worth it.

That's so awesome, Bruce! You're making my mouth water... My kids love sushi too. I make it for their school lunch a lot. Sometimes, it's just nuked spam with julienne cucumbers, other times I do better ones. They don't like sashimi though. They like fish but they don't like the texture of it when it's not cooked.

This is my favorite sushi from the sushi bar close to where I work. It's called a tropical roll. It's basically a California Roll topped with salmon, tuna, mango, and kiwi.
shushi.jpg

shushi2.jpg

All the people I work with like that place. I'd rather go to the BarbQ place and have some pulled pork. LOL!

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I agree with [MENTION=1935]heff101[/MENTION] - if I don't have to cook or pay, I'll eat anything!

But of course, living in Arizona, I would pick Mexican - we have some great restaurants here and I love chips and salsa!

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Awesome [MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION]!!! Glad you and [MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION] enjoyed it! I loooooooovvve going out for sushi. In fact, I'd DIE for some right now. However, in my current condition, it's forbidden. :cursing:

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
I lOooove me some Mexican food and the hole in the wall BBQ places. Hmmmm

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I have to say whole in the wall bbq is one of my faves too. BUT if it is a good AUTHENTIC Italian, I am all for it! I can't eat seafood and don't eat anything that comes out of the water. GAROSS. There is a GREAT Italian place in Tampa...they call all the women "Bella" lmbo.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.