I know I live in a retirement town but.....

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] hang in there u will find something. Goodluck

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
How frustrating. I love the site ziprealty.com. Maybe check that out and see if you can find houses that you like on your own and have the realtor show them to you once you have found them. I love this site and used it to buy my house and even still get daily updates of local houses cuz I am nosy and really just like to be depressed seeing what we could have gotten had we waited til now. :lmao:

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
You will find the right one! and when you do....bam, you will be so excited. I hope all went better today. We bought one of those older homes but our bathroom was green.....We just knew this house had great bones and we renovated slowly, but I know that isn't for everyone.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
The right house for you is out there somewhere .. you just got to find each other.

I feel your pain about the outdated bits of the housing ... we have a turquoise bathroom complete with a 6-8 seater turquoise jacuzzi bath in our master bathroom. As if I would ever invite 4-5 friends over and take them upstairs to my bathroom to sit in the jacuzzi tub with me ... just wierd!!!!!! :blink:

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION]...maybe the people that lived there before you were "large and in charge"? lol. That IS weird. Kelly, how did the search go today?

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=1906]GatorRay[/MENTION], the look went much better, I think our realtor has a better feel for what we are looking for. We looked at 12 homes, absolutely exhausting! Joe thinks he has found the one but I am not 100% sold on it, it is kind of far out and for selfish reasons and I just did not walk in and think WOW. I want to stay more centerally located. It takes Joe almost 45 min. to get to work and me only 5 where we live now, the house Joe loves would give him a 25 min. drive and me a 20....sounds fair right??? No I am kind of holding out. (selfish!)

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Sounds like you are making progress. Its only been a couple of days so take your time. It's a buyers market right now... take advantage of it. Within reason I wouldnt base a buying decision on distance to your jobs.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
No I wouldnt either but DO go with your gut and if you arent 100% then do not get it. Like [MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION] said, this is a buyers market and there are SO many to choose from, wait until you know its the one. :) Glad you are feeling better about it all.

L

Lucy-licious

The WOW!! factor is very important. Its only been 2 days I'm sure you will find your perfect home :)

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION], I know not to buy a house based on driving distance to work, but it is important, but what about me looking and inspecting the back yard and pools for Vegas??? I really, truly do!! Now that IS important!! I only looked at a few houses that had baby/kid guards around a pool the ones that did not, I kept saying.."well we would have to child-proof it" our realtor ask me if I had small children or grand-children, I said "No I have an EB and he can't swim" :ROFL: towards the end of the day when we were going to look at another house even the realtor was saying "Now with this one you will need to child proof the pool!!" LOL

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Well the fun begins, just be patient and you will find the right one. I'm excited for you guys and Vegas. The right one may be the next one you look at.......or not.:p

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] I am seeing not more than I am seeing maybe

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Ya I know what you mean, when we where looking for houses a few years ago it does get frustrating. You find a house that part of it you like and not the other part, but you will find the right one it just takes time. Just don't do like we did, we settled on one we thought would do and now we hate the kitchen because it is too small, but oh well. :*(

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Good luck with everything!

I went with my mom and boyfriend when they were looking to buy the house that we are in now. It's amazing how DATED people keep their houses. omg. People, have you heard of updating?? haha.

I was looking at houses for sale with my boyfriend today online just for kicks and pointing out horrible dated things and he didn't see anything wrong with that. Ohhh, boy...possible problem there if we ever did get a house together! :lol:

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.